UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

how do i fix it? I have reset 2 times
I also updated the driver.
I haven’t been able to progress for 2 weeks

Hey there @RealDevNoob! Welcome to the community! So we can only see that shader compilation is failing, but can’t see what’s failing and where. This can be fixed by downloading the editor symbols, allowing it to crash again, and then retrieving the logs one more time. You can download them from the launcher. Select options menu next to the installation and select this and let it install.

Fatal error: [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 1227] ShaderCompileWorker crashed! Assertion failed: Handle [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\ShaderCompilerCommon\Private\DXCWrapper.cpp] [Line: 59] Failed to load module: …/…/…/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/ShaderConductor/Win64/dxil.dll 0x00007ff835e19ad4 ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderCompilerCommon.dll!FDllHandle::FDllHandle() [] 0x00007ff835e19bbb ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderCompilerCommon.dll!FDxcModuleWrapper::FDxcModuleWrapper() [] 0x00007ff835b696f5 ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderFormatD3D.dll!InitializeModule() [] 0x00007ff834f7ccfd ShaderCompileWorker-Core.dll!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() [] 0x00007ff834f7c19b ShaderCompileWorker-Core.dll!FModuleManager::LoadModuleChecked() [] 0x00007ff69a8832ef ShaderCompileWorker.exe!GetShaderFormats() [] 0x00007ff69a88389c ShaderCompileWorker.exe!GuardedMain() [] 0x00007ff69a883fad ShaderCompileWorker.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() [] 0x00007ff69a8947dd ShaderCompileWorker.exe!wmain() [] 0x00007ff69a895dec ShaderCompileWorker.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [] 0x00007ff8f96926bd KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction [] 0x00007ff8fb26dfb8 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

UnrealEditor_Engine!SCWErrorCode::HandleGeneralCrash() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp:1228]
UnrealEditor_Engine!HandleWorkerCrash() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp:1829]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FShaderCompileUtilities::DoReadTaskResults() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp:1909]
UnrealEditor_Engine!<lambda_76a0bcd77eeb105d5417577fe1607bb2>::operator()() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp:2698]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::ReadAvailableResults() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp:2729]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::CompilingLoop() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp:2986]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnableBase::Run() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp:2255]
UnrealEditor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:149]

Here’s the text.
If you want unreal log files, please tell me your email

Looks like the shader handler is failing. This could be due to a hardware incompatibility, DX12/SM6 failing, and many other possible issues. Since it’s shader based, we’ll treat it like a GPU issue first and see if that allows you to launch. Follow some of the fixes in this thread first, specifically disabling any GPU tapping services and trying to downgrade to DX11 to see if the engine itself actually makes it to launch. If it does, then turning off TAA/TSAA in project settings since that can cause some shader mishaps on some systems.

Let me know if none of these help.

There are missing file in the engine
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RSCPP-34310/Cant-resolve-DirectX-symbol-in-engine-sources-UE-5.2
Try to download file “DirectX.Build.cs” from source on git (https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/blob/5.2/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/Windows/DirectX/DirectX.Build.cs) → just place it to your local UE to directory (5.2/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/Windows/DirectX/) → regenerate your uproject file
It helps me, good luck!