UE5.3 Simulation level particles are invisible

Tried to format the tittle with the tags of my problem, hopefully someone will find it useful in the future.

My problem is simple but quite strange, I created a few niagara particles in a “third person project” and imported them to my main project that utilizes the “Simulation default”, but in doing that, the particles just become invisible, both niagara and the fluid plugin suffers from this, but the difference is that the fluid plugin still displays smoke, just not fire.

They are GPU and the bounding box is fixed and huge, that shouldn’t be the problem.

I noticed that removing the Post Process, Sky Light and Volumetric Cloud would result in my particle system working again, that explain why these particles work in some levels but not all of them, but I am not sure what those 3 have in common or why, even less on how to fix it for now.

Thank you for your time.

Thankfully i solved it today, it seems that it was about the way that exposure slowly builds up, and the absurd amount of lux that the sun usually has (75000).

Changing the lux level of the direct light of the sun to 10 made the world completely dark, but then the exposure slowly built up and the world was normal again, now with particles that shine such as fire and embers visible.

Also I had to substitute the PostProcess to a new one, since the default tries to handle this exposure by itself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.