UE5.1 Rhino Directlink - No Connection

I have a Rhino file that I exported to UE5 with the Datasmith exporter. The connection worked fine and I was able to update the Directlink connection when necessary.

I recently converted the UE5 file to UE5.1. I updated the Rhino exporter to the 5.1 version, manually synced and enabled auto-sync, but no Directlink connections are available in Rhino or UE5.1.

Normally I have to open the Datasmith scene object in Unreal and point to the existing file path to reestablish the connection. But giving it the correct file path has no effect and there is no Directlink source found (even though the correct rhino file is open.)

Any ideas? Did the Directlink procedure change in 5.1?

1 Like

I had the same problem and didn’t find any solution. fortunately, my model was still in the early stages so I create imported it again.
also, have you encountered this problem?

Were you able to establish a directlink connection after you manually reimported?

No, I’ve manually tried to synchronize from Rhino, but there is no available connection and I don’t have models with the three criteria the poster listed.

i don’t exactly remember but:
i deleted everything i had imported in via ds live link both in the level and in the content browser, closed and opened again unreal then i opened my rhino file and a new empty rhino file and then copy pasted everything from the old rhino file to the new one, saved, closed it and opened it again and then pressed synchronize once and then in unreal imported via a direct link.

So it looks like this issue is fixed now (DIrectLink source shows up correctly), but now UE crashes every time I update the DirectLink connection.