UE5.1.1/5.2/5.3 Serious Mobile Performance bug! Must be noted right now

Hi there @I.PUBG.I,

This topic has been moved from International to Platform & Builds: Mobile.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing!

1 Like

Hi, No worries, I thought i posted in the right place, Thanks for correcting it tho!

By any chance, do you know any way to fix my issue?

Update:

Tried the game on UE5.3 Preview 1
It give the exact same behavior

I tried Disabling Vulkan (mobile) and Tried the game on open gl es 3.2 and same behavior

I tried HDR off same thing. Not working.

Update 2:

Smooth Framerate On and Off, Same thing. Terrible performance and fps spiking.

Update 3:

r.SetFramePace 0 does not fix the issue. Same behavior
r.SetFramePace 1 make the game run at 1 frames per seconds

and it is not like it is frame pacing issue to begin with

It seem this massive bug did not get the attention of Epic team heh? Such a HUGE disappointment.

bump bumb anyone? no single attention???

Just installed ue5.3

The same issue

even at an almost empty project and idling while there is nothing work in the background ( no blueprints used at all and nor a third party plugin enabled ) the FPS is constantly dipping

bumb bumb

bump bump

still even with ue5.3

I tried the game on galaxy note 10 an extremlly powerful device. the issue is the same.

but i noticed something diffirent this time.

when you hold the screen or keep on pressing a button ( a button with no event linked to it. or with event does not matter same results ) the fps will improve.

on the realme 8 it does not behave like this tho!

please epic show us a soultion

BUMP BUMP

BUMP BUMP

For me it’s even not packaging well and issue is closing upon splash screen launch

1 Like

What do you mean by not packaging well? i can look into your issue and help you with what i can

Update:

The issue occur only on mali gpus
I tried the game on snapdragon 732 and the issue is not happpening.

BIG UPDATE:

Disabling vulkan fixes the issue in the mali device

and here is more details about the issue in profiling.

It seem the issue is related to vsync.

frame sync time is a lot in a frame and little in another frame making this spikes

now the question is: why the heck does it want to vsync to 30 fps??
Smooth frame rate is disable and fixed frame rate is disabled ( setting it on and 60fps is same thing no change )

smooth frame rate is disabled as well

any help to fix this?

it has been confrimed by 5 devs for now. Vulkan in ue5.1.1, 5.2.0, 5.2.1, 5.3 is almost broken and has terrible performance in some scenes. to fix it just disable vulkan, but tat is bad as u lose huge performance.

epic. why no attention?

1 Like

BUMP BUMP

Epic? please fix vulkan performance in ue5.1/5.2/5.3 !! what have u done? why ue5.0.3 does not have this weird performance issues but ue5.1-5.3 have this issue? even in a basic almost empty map the issue happens

1 Like

Now there are 6 developers confimred this bug in unreal engine vulkan having performance issues compared to opengl in the exact same scene

vulkan dip every second and dip by 10fps down and up

the issue is not happening on opengl. and it happens only on mali gpus

I think no one has reported here. Maybe we all have to report here Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (Search Results)

1 Like