UE5.1.1/5.2/5.3 Serious Mobile Performance bug! Must be noted right now

My game runs 60fps with around 60-70% gpu/cpu usage in unreal engine 5.0.3! with smooth and no issues or spikes in fps.

but in ue5.1 and 5.2 the fps spikes from 60 to 30 and from 30 to 60 each single frame

this is not a project related issue, i have done the test to make sure the scenario of profiling is the EXACT same test and all same test settings. i have disabled every single android related option in ue5.2 but still the fps issue spikes not solved

i have profiled but i have no idea what the cpu is stalling for! what is that thing the cpu waiting for? Please all the experts and magicians of Unreal engine lend me the hands of help! I will upload a video and the profiling file as well for extra information on what is happening

Other notes:

1: i tested in an empty map. still same issue.
will add more if u need any other info feel free to ask me.

I have posted a really important info below in the replies. a lot of mobile related stuff. I hope some of you benefit from this. Or maybe share a solution to some of the issues i have mentioned below.

Here is the video for more details please watch

I will show a video comparing the game in ue5.0.3 and ue5.2 in few minutes, please stay tuned

Okay guys, Video Comprasion is done

thats the link, Please note! The fps counter is not 100% accurate. the ue5.2 feels WAY worse than 40fps. as it sutters rapidly at fast speed. yet the ue5.0.3 was MUCH more stable. i mean if the ue5.2 was not spiking fps and not stuttering thats fine. this is a big issue

Ok i will post screenshots of the profiling results

This also

Pid24467_Map_02-Android-18-03.37.36.uestats (8.0 MB)
Here is the Profiling file just in case any expert want to check it themselvs!

another note, the game on ue5.0.3 runs capped at 60fps with no single drop in frames or spikes. but in the videos it did spike 1 or 2 fps coz of recording

Here is another compression an in map with just sky light and a floor ( just a flat cube )
as you can see, it runs around 55fps, and lower cpu usage, cooler device, less throttle, better user experince! and more battery life. but thats aside. we must fix this bug regardless.

Here it is running 39fps on ue5.2!! and max cpu usage. ofc there are those annoying spikes as well.

So what we can conclude? this is not an asset or a level or a project issue. It is an engine bug!

tl;dr

the game runs much faster on ue5.0.3 compared to ue5.2 despite tested in the same scneario and conditions and settings.

5.2有个严重的内存泄漏问题,目前还没解决。没有必要的话先用5.03吧。

1 Like

Here are a good example of the fps spikes and drops

UE5.0.3 is the one with consistent fps chart
While UE5.2 Is the one with fps spikes

As you all can see. The chart of ue5.0.3 is much stabler and smoother and more consistent
While ue5.2 have that werid spikes!

Can you please tell me how i can fix this memory leak issue? UE provide much less bugs and faster at deploying games and less crasjes in the engine and much smaller size of game and latest plugins for mobile

I don’t believe it’s a memory leak issue. If it was the case the fps would become worse over time. But it is giving consistent fps spikes as shown in the graph above

Thanks for your reply :smile_cat:

要是我能解决5.2.2就发布了···
帧数下降就去优化模型;关掉不必要的tick;缓存动画数据。
移动平台性能一向很低,这都是程序正常的运行问题,不是换引擎版本能解决的。

I’m sorry. This doesn’t make much sense.

It is actually an issue with the engine version as i have provided dozens of proofs and comparisons that shows ue5.0.3 is much better.

Optimize what? Even an empty scene with just cubes it still spikes every single frame.

This is an engine bug. Not a memory leak issue

不是很能理解你对引擎问题的执着是为了什么?
你能发现5.1/5.2的性能问题并且也找到了5.0这个解决方案,为什么不直接用5.0为你的项目服务进行下一步的工作,反倒是抓住问题不放?
引擎问题是Epic官方的工作,我们开发者没必要,或者说我们没时间在这上面用心。
5.1和5.2到底有什么功能需要你不惜花三天(这个帖子已经三天了)?
按我的了解就只有5.2的PCG。

Ver 5.2 serious memory leak 这个问题是实实在在存在的问题,内存泄漏问题是一个“结果”,这个结果产生的”原因“还在查。

1 Like

ok, thank you so much :slight_smile: