我希望实现的如下表达的效果:
阳光可以穿透透光布,但不会在地面上形成明显的阴影,
十分感谢!

Distinguished teachers,
I hope to achieve the effect expressed as follows:
Sunlight can pass through the transparent cloth without creating
a noticeable shadow on the ground,

Thank you very much!

Not sure, if i understand you correct, but if you want something to not cast any shadows, you just can turn off a switch, so that this particular object won´t cast any shadows at all.

If you just want the shadows to be less dark, but still there, then you would have to lighten up the interior room, with additional light sources.
Or, if you use a skylight, you can increase it´s intensity scale, which basically pumps more area light into your room/world.

(however, this might have some other side effects, so you have to test, if this works for your scenario)

Thank you!
What you say, I understand!
I do not hope that there is no shadow, nor do I hope that the shadow will be lighter; In the real world, the sunlight that passes through the fabric and hits an object doesn’t cast a well-defined shadow, just a hazy shadow! What I want is for the light to pass through the cloth to create the same shadow effect as the light passing through the cloud!

Hello

This is what you need if I understand correctly. Keep in mind that this only works on static baked lighting, unless they changed it up in ue5
Let me know if you managed to make it work :slight_smile:

Ah, so you want to diffuse the light, like those softboxes in photography do. I am not sure, if Unreal is already up to that task, since this would require a proper working subsurface scattering, that is also working with Lumen (if you are using UE5).

As far as i know, right now, Lumen ignores subsurface scattering, it does not count it as an emissive light source.

Until that works, you would have to fake it, either via using a rectangular light instead of a regular directional light, or you try to drastically increase the source angle from your directional light to get softer shadows.
Or you make your cloth an emissive material to simulate the light passing through your fabric. Then Lumen can work with it, but i have no clue, how good or bad that will look.

Not sure, if you can create those soft shadows with a regular translucent material, since that usually requires the pathtracer to deliver good results. Are you using the pathtracer?

thanks very much!Learn something new, but this method doesn’t solve the above problem!

Thanks very much! * Let me try again!

Keep waiting for answers. Thank you

Click on Directional Light actor.

Increase the “Source Soft Angle” and “Source Angle” values. This will blur your shadows a bit more.

1 Like