UE4 Wiki editing disabled beginning May 3rd

Any updates on this? I’d like to see code formatting finally fixed. lol

Porcoddio unreal engine di ■■■■■ , vi faccio saltare per aria la societa’ !! Succhiatemi il piselloooo. Siete solo bravi a fare soldi rubando.
Mannaggia la madonna e tutti i santi quei maiali.

Hey all,

Just wanted to stop in and let you know, we are still investigating our options. I know it is frustrating, and I appreciate how patient you have all been with us. As soon as we know more we will update everyone!

Thanks all,

~Tim

I understand you are investigating options but in the meantime can you fix the code formatting in the existing wiki? It’s brutal trying to parse through all the raw xml tags.

Hey there, Alex.

I believe we’ve fixed the syntax highlighting. Take a look at it for me and let me know if you see any issues with it!

It’s works.

Awesome, thanks so much!

Yeah… it’s about time! --Hey wiki team: If you disable one tool you should at least hurry up to enable a new solution. :stuck_out_tongue: You disabled a big portion of the Unreal community life.
Is it going to happen this year ?

Thanks for your feedback. We are working on a solution but I do not believe it will be done by the end of 2018. As soon as I know more we’ll let you know.

Actually, you could explain why editing wiki meantime is seen as issue, somethint do disable? You could convert or nuke content anytime :wink:

Been wondering about this too. With it being offline for that long there hasn’t been a place to update existing articles or add anything new for over 6-8 months. How come the editing was disabled when there wasn’t any new solution ready to Export > Import ? Thankfully most of my stuff (except all survivalgame articles which are frozen on wiki) is not on the Wiki, but there are tons of useful content that can’t be updated to recent API changes. :frowning:

Small Bump on this to request update on the “new wiki” status ! :slight_smile:

i guess that was in case they did the import/reformating manually between the old and the new, but they could have freeze editing once they choosed what to do

Even if they have to transform it manually, it could not take more than a few days, up-to-date wiki content is not so huge. I believe they had some idea, they got to the point to break the current wiki, but never got to the point of doing whatever they planned to do, but they are also lazy to at least make it work the way it’s been.

I guess it’s somewhat similar to how they handle feature requests, more-than-2-line PRs, roadmap, forum, marketplace, answerhub and launcher requests, and everything else proposed by the community: they ignore it like the problem doesn’t exist, as it does not affect Fortnite or Epic Store. A few times each year we get fair replies from the community managers of course, but sadly those are mostly just promises without any resolution to any of the problems which persist for like 5 years now. Wiki is just one little drop in the ocean of problems overseen and ignored. Not surprisingly, it does follow the pattern as expected.

Any update on this? We’re halfway through Q1 2019. @Kalvothe

No update yet. As soon as we have an update, we’ll be sure to share it with you!

One month to go until this thread reaches its one year anniversary! I’d say that I can only imagine this taking do long if you were coding the whole thing in assembly but even then I think it would be done by now…

Actually it’d be great to know if it was turned down completely, or if there is actually some work being done. If there isn’t, we could also think about the possibility of a community-driven project. For example, I’ve been a web engineer for years before, and I don’t see any issue in pulling it off, I’d gladly put it together (of course it’d need some discussion about what are the actual needs of today’s UE4 coders, as I wouldn’t wanna work on something, which is useless).

…more than a year now. Should we just do our own thing? Sadly, it seems like epic’s focus is elsewhere…
Personally, I liked the form of community-driven documentation and tutorials in a centralized place as a wiki, it’s pretty sad they took that away from us.
Nowadays, you have to scavenge through personal blog entries, unstructured answerhub stuff and whatever bits you can find in the actual documentation to find relevant and up-to-date info. I came across so many wiki entries I wanted to improve and update but couldn’t… It feels like a community-driven effort would also take some pressure from their documentation team which is apparently spread so thin if it can’t even do this within a year…

I don’t know if it helps your soul in any way, but in the new learning portal thread:

Although we all know that “near future” usually means “in the upcoming years” or “never” in Epic’s dictionary, but it’s the most recent info we have I believe.

Do you have an example at hand of this having happened?