UE4 Packaging HTML5 taking over 6 hours

Not very experienced with Unreal, I’m trying to package a project into HTML for use with VR. I started the process over six hours ago and it is still going. It’s not exactly a HUGE project. Windowsx64 took far less than an hour to complete packaging the same setup, with less than 200KB. Most things appeared to have cooked, but I do have a fair bit of warning messages regarding Materials and Compile Failures
i.e.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Cook: LogMaterial: Warning: Failed to compile Material Instance /Game/Railroad2.LandscapeMaterialInstanceConstant_3401 with Base M_Landscape for platform GLSL_ES2_WEBGL, Default Material will be used in game.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Cook: LogMaterial: Warning: Function MF_AutoLayer: (Node TextureSampleParameter2D) Node not supported in feature level ES2. ES3_1 required.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Cook: LogMaterial: Warning: Function MF_MatLayerBlend_Tesselated: (Node MakeMaterialAttributes) Error on property WorldPositionOffset
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Cook: LogMaterial: Warning: Failed to compile Material Instance /Game/Railroad2.LandscapeMaterialInstanceConstant_3402 with Base M_Landscape for platform GLSL_ES2_WEBGL, Default Material will be used in game.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Cook: LogMaterial: Warning: Function MF_AutoLayer: (Node TextureSampleParameter2D) Node not supported in feature level ES2. ES3_1 required.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Cook: LogMaterial: Warning: Function MF_MatLayerBlend_Tesselated: (Node MakeMaterialAttributes) Error on property WorldPositionOffset

…so on and so forth.

The last logline that appeared before the majority of the time passed was this:
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): python: INFO:root: - ok

Please somebody help, I need to finish this project asap.

Hi,

I have not build a html project yet but I know that you can choose the feature levels for each platform in the project settings below the “Platform” category. Probably you can find there a hint.

Kind regards Andre Schaaf-Ledermüller

Did the packaging succeed after 6 hours? I presume that it would have hung by that time to some bug.

You can try setting the global environment variable EMCC_DEBUG=1 before starting the packaging to add extra log prints to see if that would help any. Do any other projects succeed to package to HTML5? E.g. the ThirdPersonShooter example or similar? It may be possible there’s something in your project that HTML5 exports aren’t currently able to cope with.

Err, by “before starting the packaging”, I mean, set the EMCC_DEBUG=1 environment variable in Windows, then close and restart UE4 Editor for it to take effect.