UE4 Editor flickers/goes black.

Is there any other solution for this than downgrading the GPU driver?
Does anyone knows if this is fixed for 4.26 maybe?

I have the same problem and I’m using a RTX 2080 SUPER with Engine version 4.25

Hello,

****** HERE’S FLICKERING FIX *********************

Official 4.25 and 4.26 having some glitches in calculations, namely TemporalAAHistory structure was not filled out correctly

Here’s the only solution that will surely fix for both 4.25 and 4.26 versions (building from the source and fixing engine glitch), since 4.25 will not have any more updates and 4.26 also has the same issue:

1. get Unreal 4.25  source, following link is a step by step instructions on how to get the source (no need for the building until  you change buggy scripts, just when you get 4.25 source unzipped from git, run Setup.bat, after that run GenerateProjectFiles.bat ): Building Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) From Source Code / GitHub - YouTube

2. change this 2 scripts as explained in the below link, and finally, build the source 
    https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...48f5a38dfb53ea

3. compile your project from source (in the following link, instructions are around 8.50  min): Building Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) From Source Code / GitHub - YouTube

Enjoy again your UE4.25/26

Cheers,
Mike

@AstroMoonLander please could you describe the actual solution if you’ve found one rather than post links on guides on how to build from source? Link #2 returns 404 (yes I’ve got access to EpicGames repos), cheers!

Link 2 is not working. Looks like that is an upcoming change frm Unreal; if it is logged in the Engines github log;

so, maybe we can go to Epic github and search for the issues but anyway that will be awesome because i just learned and compiled earlier today the engine from the source for a class so I can fix it now ; if we get the link2 working or the name of the issue

Also experiencing it still.

Here are related threads to it. At the moment solution seems to be installing older version of studio drivers:

Black dropdown menu in Unreal menus - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums Unreal Editor Menus turn black - UI - Unreal Engine Forums
Dropdown menus disappear instantly - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

no problem mate! have a great day!

Sorry, this is a bit late of a response but thanks man! This solved my issue. My screen has not been flickering ever since and I’m comfortably able to use UE4 now without any problems.

Yes, this worked for me too. Even with the newest driver that was released yesterday (461.72), the same flickering happened after a couple of hours of work. Had to go back to a couple of older versions and it works fine. Too bad they didn’t solve this issue with the latest drivers.

i wonder if Unreal team is aware of this situation:) There is a sollution in one of the replies below to fix it in Unreal if you have source build ; but the link in the solution is broken; which then i assume Unreal might be fixing for the Next update . Hope so…

There are actually 2 solutions for this, one is to turn off Anti-Aliasing and the other one is to revert to the older driver version. Reverting fixed it for me.

This video shows both fixes: UE4 Editor Flickering Fix - Bugfix - Unreal Engine Version 26.1 - YouTube

did anyone try the new 4.26.2 hotfix…i was wondering if the flickering issue is fixed at least in 4.26.2…i want to use the new Nvidia drivers ??? Any takers to test it ??

I am using 466.11 and so far no problem at all!

with ue 4.26.2

awesome thnk you man… i will update my Nvidia drivers then… you are awesome …

have a great day mate!

■■■■! It have come back! the problem still persist! I have it right now! ■■■■ Nvidia!!!

yeap! you are right! when start doing the thing that it does, the whole click fears weird, but yes, its only on ue4. So ,appear so that we have to wait a little longer it .

ohh…no…sorry to hear that but i think it is also Unreal implementation problem because it does not cause any problems with other programs

Yeah, happened to me too with the new drivers (462.31). Again had to go back to 460.89 that I “luckily” kept at hand. So frustrating as I am trying to use the new DLSS plugin but it needs the latest versions to work.

thanks so much, I thought it was google chrome doing this because it affected chrome a lot as well as unreal, so yeah best solution is reverting