UE4 DX12 Crashing GPU

Hey everyone,

My GPU is crashing when using DX12 randomly, and I’m not sure as to why. I have an RTX 3060, and my whole screen randomly goes black, then comes back, while also crashing the engine. I’ve even had an instance where my PC has blue screened. I don’t have this issue in DX12 games, only in Unreal Engine. I’ve tried Underclocking, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and my card is in great condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s my crash log:

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 671] CommandQueue->Signal(FenceCore->GetFence(), FenceToSignal) failed at D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/Windows/WindowsD3D12Fence.cpp:22 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Found out was causing the issues. I think windows had a DX12 bug going on. I noticed playing watch dogs that my framerate had dipped from a steady 60fps, to about 30 out of nowhere. I did a scan check to verify my installation of windows, and it seems to have fixed it.

If anyone else has this issue, try that. If that doesn’t do it, try uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.

How did you preform the scan?