UE4 crashes when opening with DX12 shortcut

Hello, I have been having this issue since first version of 4.22 preview, UE4 crashes when opening with the DX12 shortcut, I just tried everything to fix this, but I am not finding a way to fix this.

• I do have a fresh windows 10 clean installed and updated
  • Using lastest Nvidia Creator Drivers with 2080 - 419.67
  • Deleted all the old ue4 projects but still happening
  • Reinstalled UE4 and moved to other folders several times
  • Tried to follow steps from “Unreal-4.22-Ray-Tracing-Overview” but doesn’t seem to fix that

I attached some logs and all the messages that UE4 gives to me, thank you in advance

Logs with “-DX12 -FORCELOGFLUSH” :

[CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD LOG][1]

[DXDIAG DOWNLOAD][2]

Error :

273088-ue4crash.png

273101-winver.png

Hi, I had the same problem for a while now, but found a quick fix for it:

Do you have these or similar programs installed?

• MSI Afterburner
  • RivaTuner Statistics Server (Comes with Afterburner if not unchecked)

After stopping both processes the error message stopped appearing.
Watch out for RivaTuner Statistics Server as it is automatically restarted if MSI Afterburner is still running.

I hope I could help you with your issue.

Yeah, just closed MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner Statistics Server, and it worked fine.

Thank you for your time, really appreciated!!!

I had the same problem and yes i had both softwares installed and open, by closing these two applications the engine worked good, Thanks a lot for the solution i could never figure it out by myself :slight_smile:

I have same problem but I have no any of these programs installed. At this point I am thinking in forget ue4… Do you got any another ideas to fix it?

I don’t know exactly what causes this problem, which is why I can’t give you a certain answer. But look at the programs running on your computer. Look for programs that hook into other applications, or programs that have overlays. Also check that your video drivers are up to date.

I only found out it was Afterburner because I had problems with the software before. I had blackscreens playing certain games for example. Problems like that can give you a hint to what it is.