UE4 crashes adding Scene Capture 2D / Render Target to Scene with Niagara Emitters(Rural Australia)

Problem Description:
I wanted to include a Scene Capture 2D actor into a scene from the Rural Australia (Example 01 Map) that was recently free on UE Marketplace. I created a simple test project where I added the Rural Australia environment collection to a simple third person template (totally vanilla). Everything is perfect until I drop a SceneCapture2D then create a render target in any of the maps - at this point when I try to play in editor it crashes. However, if I disable the niagara elements (in this case birds and falling leaves) it runs no problems. Likewise, if I have volumetric clouds (something I want) in the scene, then I have the same crash with the render target.

Question:
Based on the scenario described - has anyone had similar problems with either niagara emitters or volumetric clouds - where connecting a render target to a SceneCapture2D causes a fatal crash when playing in editor? If so - can anyone suggest possible debugging routes, as I’m at a loss.

Additional Info:
One thing I noticed was that it DID matter in what sequence I enabled either the niagara emitters or volumetric clouds - if they were added/enabled after the SceneCapture2d/RenderTarget were introduced, then this had markedly different behaviour. Does this suggest a memory allocation issue?

Crash Report:
I keep getting the following crash reference to Batch Element Num Primitives == 0 as part of the MeshPassProcessor (line 860), but I suspect the problem is GPU resource management (so it could be specific to the 2070Super driver?).

Assertion failed: BatchElement.IndirectArgsBuffer [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Renderer/Private/MeshPassProcessor.cpp] [Line: 860] It is only valid to set BatchElement.NumPrimitives == 0 when a IndirectArgsBuffer is used
UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:104]
UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:461]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FMeshDrawCommand::SetDrawParametersAndFinalize() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\MeshPassProcessor.cpp:860]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDynamicPassMeshDrawListContext::FinalizeCommand() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Public\MeshPassProcessor.h:1235]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FMeshPassProcessor::BuildMeshDrawCommands<TMeshProcessorShaders<TDepthOnlyVS<0>,FDepthOnlyHS,FDepthOnlyDS,FDepthOnlyPS<0>,FMeshMaterialShader,FMeshMaterialShader,FMeshMaterialShader>,FDepthOnlyShaderElementData>() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Public\MeshPassProcessor.inl:154]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDepthPassMeshProcessor::AddMeshBatch() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\DepthRendering.cpp:953]
UE4Editor_Renderer!GenerateDynamicMeshDrawCommands() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\MeshDrawCommands.cpp:552]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FMeshDrawCommandPassSetupTask::AnyThreadTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\MeshDrawCommands.cpp:834]
UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<FMeshDrawCommandPassSetupTask>::ExecuteTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:886]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasks() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:1065]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:888]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::Run() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:965]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:86]

System Description
My dev system is the following:

• Windows 10 Build: 19042
  • Unreal ver: 4.26.1
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (8 Cores)
  • GPU: GIGABYTE RTX2070 Super 8GB (operating at 2560x1440x144Hz) [driver: 460.89]
  • RAM: 32 GB
  • DirectX ver: 12
  • UE4 experience level: NOVICE(most important system component)

Not that this is a solution - but at least a workaround is that I simply hid the niagara actors from the Scene Capture 2D actor, and it worked fine (no crashing at all).

Just bumping this.

You can try turning off camera distance culling in Niagara rendering settings

Thanks for that RChao_ … will have a look to see if that helps.