UE4 Combat Arena Blueprint Tutorials

Hey folks,

So I’ll be uploading the tutorials on as I make them. You can subscribe to my channelfor the playlist.

The tutorials will cover the following but if you want to know something else from the game let me know in the thread.

TOPICS:
Level Select
Character Select
Melee Class combat
Range Class combat
Camera Lock On
Summon & Boss AI
Buff, Debuff, Heal Spells
Damage Spells
+few extra stuff

This is the game I had made and will build up the essentials of the game from scratch. Available for download here

www…com/watch?v=g0nM43FOVdk

COLLECTION: 00-02

LET’S START :slight_smile:

www…com/watch?v=6tC565pR03U

01. Level Select

www…com/watch?v=J-emPGamdmY

02. Character Select Screen

www…com/watch?v=PQ3dctySTTU

EXTRA
Tutorial on character design

It’s off to a great start, and I am glad that you have decided to make the tutorials. Thank you very much, this should really shine some light on some things that are “eluding” me at the moment.

Collection: 03-06

EDIT: I realized I can only add 4 videos per post. So As I make them I’ll add them to my post closest to page 1 of this thread. That way the whole collection will hopefully be on the same page.

COLLECTION: 03-06

03. Melee Combat (part1)
https://.com/watch?v=wgU_RjaVsI0

04. Melee Combat (part2)

05. Melee Combat (part3)

Thanks, I feel like I’m going to fast in the current video I recorded. I think I’ll record them slowly with some time apart. That way I can get feedback and improve each video hopefully.

The first part of the video concerning level select is coming soon :slight_smile:

Looking forward to this series. Cant wait to see how it pans out.

First video was a great intro.

Awesome…

Thanks,I’ll be uploading a level select video today, I kept it short and to the point I hope. It’s 15 mins long.

I feel that a video, tutorial or otherwise, that keeps you engaged has no length to it. It can be as long as it needs to be to get the point(s) across. If there are missteps and long pauses of “nothingness”, then it becomes a “this is wasting my time” situation in which the viewer will lose interest despite the content provided. You could be explaining the meaning of Life, but if it’s not engaging to the viewer, they will simple move on to the next cats with lightsabers video.

I have followed videos from Epic, those are a couple of hours in length, Kleiner who has some 15 videos making a day and night cycle spanning what seems like 8 hours. If I feel I need to break away, I simply mark the time on the blueprint and resume it at a later time. That’s the great thing about videos. They can be paused, replayed, fast-forwarded and stopped.

Long story short, your Intro video was nice and concise. Don’t sweat over the length, that’s just how much space you’re taking up on your computer. :slight_smile:

I like it so far. Keep it up :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll be recording the character select screen set up soon, hopefully it will be done by tomorrow. I’m pretty happy to finally share this stuff, it’s been in the back of my head for a while.

Great stuff, keep it up.

1. Character Select

02. Character Select Screen
This video covers 4 topics:
Setting up a dummy character to stop player movement
Creating Player Controller to enable mouse interaction
Camera zooms to characters and to the character select screen
Displaying animated stat widgets

You can’t actually play as either of the characters as that will be covered in the character set up videos :slight_smile: Gonna piece it all together bit by bit.
As always feedback welcomed.

https://.com/watch?v=PQ3dctySTTU

I am liking it so far. I did not really think of selecting characters in such a way, pretty simple. :slight_smile:

Thanks, that method can apply to anything regarding selection. The level select method is the standard way to select (click button and something appears). There is a small bit that I need to add to the character select video. I’ll make it when I get the chance. I’m also very pumped to start the next video.

[=;330115]
Thanks, that method can apply to anything regarding selection. The level select method is the standard way to select (click button and something appears). There is a small bit that I need to add to the character select video. I’ll make it when I get the chance. I’m also very pumped to start the next video.
[/]

Cannot wait for the next one :smiley:

I’m trying to get this stuff done on time, but I’m all over the place right now doing multiple projects and a crappy full time job on the side. Won’t be too long until I continue.

i dont mean to be rude or anyhting guys but can you guys solved my problem i need to get my project going please i need real help

03. MELEE COMBAT Part 1
This video starts the Melee character, I start off with giving the player the ability to spawn and posses the pawn. I also added swapping weapons on the character. I’m editing part 2 which consists of swapping weapons.

I had to record this multiple times, it really is hard recording tutorials. I am also wondering if I should add these to the Wiki cause this thread will surely get lost the moment I’m done with all the videos. Any thoughts on that?

https://.com/watch?v=wgU_RjaVsI0

I had to record this multiple times, it really is hard recording tutorials. I am also wondering if I should add these to the Wiki cause this thread will surely get lost the moment I’m done with all the videos. Any thoughts on that?

Yeah Add them to the wiki - The more the better :slight_smile:

I just checked the wiki and there’s a whole guide on structuring lol I don’t have the brain juice for that at the moment. But once I finish the series of tutorials I’ll look into the wiki for sure.