UE4 Combat Arena Blueprint Tutorials

I was Waiting for this :DDDDDD

Glad ppl find this stuff useful cause recording these videos makes me want to throw out the pc sometimes lol rage quit. Once I was talking and choked on my saliva. So I had to redo the video.

Was waiting for melee tutorials since UE4 came out!

thank you very much for sharing the tuts! :slight_smile:

and good luck with your project!

[=;331557]
Glad ppl find this stuff useful cause recording these videos makes me want to throw out the pc sometimes lol rage quit. Once I was talking and choked on my saliva. So I had to redo the video.
[/]

So you are shooting them in one take? You are a brave soul.

very nice! thank you!

I’m really happy that these videos are helping ppl. I struggled so much to get this game flowing. It was so bad that it started to affect my health lol doing full time end of university projects along with learning and managing all this blueprint and balancing.

During the last semester at uni, to make things more intense, my friends all got busy with their own personal end of uni projects, so I was riding solo from January till March. They jumped in on and off on a few weekends and at the end of semester they started contributing old assets and modeling and animating with wtv time they had. The guy who modeled the blue haired girl spent 3 all nighters in a row to finish her.

So in the game I modelled and rigged 5 characters, animated 6 for ingame and 8 for cinematics(1 week for cinematic), placed all assets in the levels, took care of fx and sound, all while painting the 20 inch by 30inch poster. Basically I was breathing this stuff. Moral of the story is if I can do it so can you just gotta push yourself manage your time. Most importantly have the drive to finish what you imagine in your head!

The song for the trailer, I listened to it for a whole year every night visualizing what I would put.

Even though the game didn’t make any crazy sort of success I’m really happy to have tested myself.

Hey,
At first I want to thank you for your effort on teaching people. I really like your tutorials so far and they helped me for a project of my own, too. I have one little question. When I set up the View Target with Blend , for zooming in on one character, when I click on another character before it finished zooming it promptly shows the next character without any blend at all. Can you tell me how to stop using Input until the Blend is done before I can switch to the next character? Unfortunately Disabling Input and enabling it after the blend didn’t work and neither did a delay.

Looking forward for your next tutorials :slight_smile:

[=;332545]
Hey,
At first I want to thank you for your effort on teaching people. I really like your tutorials so far and they helped me for a project of my own, too. I have one little question. When I set up the View Target with Blend , for zooming in on one character, when I click on another character before it finished zooming it promptly shows the next character without any blend at all. Can you tell me how to stop using Input until the Blend is done before I can switch to the next character? Unfortunately Disabling Input and enabling it after the blend didn’t work and neither did a delay.

Looking forward for your next tutorials :slight_smile:
[/]

Yeah I noticed it’s there too. I will make a fix for it. Maybe in video form or image form. Ill get back on that shortly :slight_smile: but I assure you it will be done.

[=;332568]
Yeah I noticed it’s there too. I will make a fix for it. Maybe in video form or image form. Ill get back on that shortly :slight_smile: but I assure you it will be done.
[/]

Thank you for your quick response :slight_smile:

this looks really cool, thanks!

04. Melee Combat (part2)
Overview: Create mode switching, go from Sword and Shield to Greatsword with animation. Next video I tackle the combo system and the camera bug fix.

I finished recording the 5th video, It’s gonna take some time to render and it’s a lengthier video since I cover the bulk of the Melee Combat system. Also the camera glitch video has been made too, I gotta render it as well. Gonna have all that up by the end of the week or so.

oh man, can’t wait! thanks for all that hard work!

I like the switching of the weapons, very straightforward. Visibility. Nice. :slight_smile:

I don’t suppose a similar way to do that would be to have the shield resocket to a hip socket or something like that? Just thinking off the top of my head, sitting here at the office.

[=]
I like the switching of the weapons, very straightforward. Visibility. Nice. :slight_smile:

I don’t suppose a similar way to do that would be to have the shield resocket to a hip socket or something like that? Just thinking off the top of my head, sitting here at the office.
[/]

Yeah you can have the static mesh re-attach itself to a new socket so you don’t have multiple weapons (active and inactive) to deal with. I just thought visibility would be less of a hassle since there wouldn’t be a ton of Location and Rotation XYZ coordinates to input for each weapon.

05. Melee Combat (part3)
Overview: This video covers the first half of the actual combat system. I perform fixes and add extra things like camera shakes and pushing the player as the attacks are played. Be sure to download the files from the video description.

Just watching the intro video has piqued my interest! Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: I finished recording parts 6 and 7. I’ll upload them next week once I finish editing and rendering them. I’ll also be uploading the camera fix video tomorrow or something.

This is amazing thank you so much