UE4 4.26 New Water system access to displacement map?

Hello i’ve been doing some tests with the new water that came with 4.26, i’ve been trying to make my own foam that i want to form on the peaks of the waves, i usually used the heightmap of the waves but the way the new water system works doesn’t seem to use heightmap but only a Normal and World position offset?

Am i blind or is there a heightmap of sorts hidden somewhere? or can i find the information some other way and convert it to something looking like this displacement map

I want to use the information to have foam form only on the peaks of the waves. atm i’ve created something out of the normal map by using only the RG channels but the problem is that with this system the foam will never be exactly at the peaks. this is my results so far

Anyone been able to crack the new waves? Thanks for reading this far and please ask if you need more information.

It’s just gerstner wave formulas, so no. it’s not a heightmap, and it doesn’t have anything to do with any sort of file.

You can open the formuas up and pick out find the top/bottom of the sine to apply whatever math you want based on the existing calculations.