[UE4 4.12.5][Xcode 7.3.1] Cannot find the xcode

If I try to do a package on Mac OS X immediately the editor starts “Installing XCode” tutorial. I already have Xcode 7.3.1 installed. This folder /Applications/Xcode.app exists . If I use xcode-select -p the path is /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer. Is there a way for me to package the game on Mac OS X?

Hi plamen_dimitrov,

You should be able to package your game on a Mac. Please answer the following questions in order to help us troubleshoot your issue:

1. Are you using the Source version of the Engine from Github or the Binary version from the Epic Web Site?
  2. Is your project an All-Blueprint project or a C++ project.
  3. To what platform are you trying to package? (ie. iOS, Mac, etc.)
  4. What version of OS X are you running?
  5. Without UE4 open, are you able to open XCode on it’s own as an individual program?

Please respond with the above information and we will continue to assist you in trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Steve H.

Hi Steven,

1. It is the Source version of the engine from Github
  2. The project is a C++ project
  3. For Mac
  4. El Capitano
  5. Yes, I am able to run it.

After further investigation (breakpoints, added logs to the engine) I discovered where the problem lies - UE4 uses an instance of FDefaultSourceCodeAccessor and the check for CanAccessSourceCode fails. Any idea why does UE4 select this class instead of FXCodeSourceCodeAccessor as it should be doing?

That’s very weird. Can you set a breakpoint in FXCodeSourceCodeAccessModule::StartupModule() and check if it’s is ever called?

Hi plamen_dimitrov,

Since we have not heard back from you in a while, we are marking this post “resolved” for tracking purposes. However, if you are still having problems packaging on your Mac, please respond to ZeroEightSix with the requested information and we will continue to investigate.

Thanks,

Steve H.