UE4.3 Second "Client" Screen Black

I’m sorry, I’ve tested this and can’t seem to get your results. When you create the new project, you aren’t changing any values other than setting 2 clients right?

If you are using Source I would suggest recompiling. If you using Binary you may want to try re-installing the editor.

Yes all I change is setting to 2 clients. I have started new projects and have even reinstalled UE4.

So the ‘Open MapName’ command isn’t actually fixing your previous issue. It disconnects the client from the server and starts their own game. Which is why you can’t see the other player afterwards.

Type ‘Open’ into the console command and choose the top option that says (opens connection to localhost)'. Let me know what result you get.

If you are referring to “open 127.0.0.1” command, already tried that and screen remains black.

Hi ErraOfWar,

Take a look at the post below. There has been other users that have had issues with network cards similar to yours.

Let me know if it works or not.

TJ

My network cards have nothing to do with this problem. I have seen that topic and have tried that. I have also disabled both my Killernetwork card and my wireless adapter under device manager, and ran UE4 in offline mode. Without multiplayer, my game that i have been formulating will not work. I like this engine, but i need networking.

Can anyone help through team viewer?

Don’t mean to keep double posting, but I created a simple TcpListener and TcpClient program in Visual Basic (.net)

Server:
Imports System
Imports System.Net
Imports System.Net.Sockets

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Dim listenserver As New TcpListener(7778)
        listenserver.Start()
    End Sub
End Class

Client:

Imports System
Imports System.Net
Imports System.Net.Sockets

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Dim client As New TcpClient()
        Dim hostname As String = Dns.GetHostName()
        Dim localhost As String = CType(Dns.GetHostByName(hostname).AddressList.GetValue(0), IPAddress).ToString
        client.Connect(IPAddress.Parse(localhost), 7778)
        If client.Connected Then Label1.Text = "Connected"
    End Sub
End Class

I ran ports 7777 and 7778 and I used my 192.x.x.x IP and “127.0.0.1” in all combinations for testing and each time the client connected to the server just fine.

Hi ErraOfWar,

I’m roping in another dev to help with this. Please bear with us while we look over all the info.

Thanks,
TJ

Hi ErraOfWar,

I couldn’t tell from the video, but when you see the black screen, can you look at the other window (that is rendering correctly), and check if you see the other client running around.

I’m trying to determine if this is a rendering issue or network issue. Also, can you post the logs of the editor session here if you get a chance?

There is no evidence of the client looking through the server window. Here is the log file.

link text

Hi ErraOfWar,

I’m sorry it’s been a while since we got back with you. Is this still an issue for you in 4.5.1?

Yes i still have no networking capability, I believe it is my network card preventing me. I have however purchased a new much needed laptop with a different network card and i have no issues. I am still searching for solutions so i can use my desktop since it is a 3 monitor set-up. But for the time being, I do have the proper hardware now to start developing.

For the record the network card is: Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be very simple. For some reason the Unreal Editor wasn’t able to listen on the default port at 7777 so it incremented to 7779 in my case. From the black screen client you can open your console (`) and type open 127.0.0.1:7779 to connect at that port. Even if you have the same issue as me your exact port might be different so you might have try several starting from 7777 and up.

Thank you so much! I can now use my desktop for development. :slight_smile:

I just now ran into this issue and this works for me as well. Thank you!