[UE4.27] Maximum Render Target Resolution

The maximum pixel count for a conventional render target is 2048. Is there any way to rewrite the source code of the engine to support 4K?

I use 4k RTs all the time. Never rewrote anything.

The engine should support everything up to 8k.

Are you talking about the quality of the RT or a specific result out of SceneCaptureComponent?

1 Like

Hi. MostHost_LA
Thank you for replying.
Well, I want talking about RT’s Quality that captured by SceneCaptureComponent.
Thank you

Shino888

Screencapturecomponent just uses the resolution of the render target as far as I remeber.

If you have quality issues you need to chenge the capture settings.
Usually the antialiasing is off. And many other settings are off to allow the capture to complete in decent timeframes…

2 Likes

I can’t set a resolution higher than 2048 in the render target texture. How do you increase to 4k?

Edit:
I was referring to a Cube Render Target

You probably cannot.
A cube captures 6 areas. The maximum texture size is 8k. Each face is limited to 2k if you have a regular cube unwrap.

…
…

…

I don’t know how the arrangment of faces actually is, but even then its not really possible to get more than 3k.

OR

as set-ups leave you with the same surface area to cover.

It allows for more than the other setup. But its still lited to 8k/3

You could make a cube cature yourself with 6 different captures off a screencapture2d at up to 8k res each.

So long as you keep and stream the files in as separate things it should be OK.
Even if performance will be very low, I’m assuming this is to cook something in engine and not to be used at runtime.

I never really used one, but I’d also be surprised (ok its unreal, no it wouldn’t surprise me one bit) if the cube cature could not be set up to use VT and do the same thing with nearly unlimited per face resolution…