UE4.27 how set default Profile for Preview scene

1. How and where do I set the default Lighting Profile [per Engine or per Project] for “Preview Scene Setting” tab, which is available when viewing Meshes or Animations?

2. Can someone show a pic and and any INI, of the Default Preview Scene/lighting settings for the UE4.27 engine?

3. How can I change the Preview Scene lighting for when I open my CharacterBlueprint > Viewport tab?
    … I see No “Preview Scene Setting” tab > to set my lighting Profile. So currently the view is set to “Lit,” but seems to look like the lighting of my level (which has some dark areas - hard to see without changing my Level lighting to see a preview, which I do not want to change), instead of giving me a well lit look like my saved lighting Profile (see below).

Thank you.

Im in UE4.27. It’s very annoying that a Marketplace asset updated (with an older Engine setting) and overwrote my newer (4.27) default Engine settings > to change the default lighting to a harsh sunset look in preview modes.

I manually changed [it?] back to use the Environment > EpicQuad, and idk what lighting I used to take off the harsh lighting, I think I made a new Profile, and the lighting was fixed.

So I saved this as a new Profile 0.

But every time the Engine crashes, it resets to use the Harsh lighting profile, instead of the last one used (Profile 0).

1 Like

I’ve wasted a lot of time trying to change that background everywhere, so I’ll try to resume what I learned:

1. I think that you just have to toggle “Shared Profile”, and it gets automatically applied to every supported view (Static mesh, Skeletal mesh, Skeleton, Animations, Niagara, et cetera)

2. This is the default .ini file , it goes inside the project’s Config folder, I tried to look for a similar file in the Engine’s Config folder but I failed, so I guess that you have to copy your profile in every project (I’d be happy to be contradicted)

3. AFAIK you can’t change the background of the actor viewport, I’ve recently discovered that you can rotate the light holding down the L key and the right mouse button (an arrow should pop up, see picture) and it’s very useful sometimes (better than nothing)

I think you could try to remove all other profiles and leave only the one you need (until the button is gray), then close the editor and restart it (it doesn’t get saved until you close it, so if it crashes you lose your changes)

What kind of asset is it? Only a project or a plugin should be able to make this kind of changes