UE4.26 Water Ripple Doesn't work

Hi, I made a sandbox game ,the water system of UE4.26 maybe the best choice。but i found the ripple in the scene of [FluidSim_Terrain] doesnot work,and at the same time, there may be some outliers in water surface simulation。

in the level FluidSim_Terrain,

1. I can use BP_FluidSim01.Solver [Shallow Water] to roduce normal ripples, but ripple solver doesnot work。
  2. the wave foam cannot working even if I check the Simulate Wave Foam option。
  3. the ripple of [Shallow Water] Looks strange.

My BP_FluidSim01 also doesn’t do anything.

Probably need to wait for the next release (or two) for improvements seeing as the water system is still a work in progress.

The foam ‘kinda’ works if you use specific water material settings:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/rendering/1840270-unreal-4-26-ocean-foam?p=1851940#post1851940

However, I can’t quite get it to look as good as shown in the UE live stream:

Keep playing with the water foam params.
It’s possible that there’s a specific combination of values required to get a good effect.

I might have figured this out. It seems to be a reference issue with FoamRT. It’s a render target file that was in the project files for the beach scene. I don’t know if this will solve your issue but it fixed Ripple Solver for me.

Well spotted sanford87!

I had no idea that particular RT was missing from that material.

As recommended, I added {FoamRT} to M_Fluid_Sim_01.

After opening the original (previously broken) Fluidsim_Terrain map the ripples immediately started working.

Many thanks for figuring it out!

Thanks for following up on this folks. I appreciate it :)

In ue5, I already added {FoamRT} to **M_Fluid_Sim_01.
But the ripple still doesn’t display.