UE4.23 on Ubuntu 16.04

Hello,

Trying to compile Unreal on Ubuntu, get this compile error:

[3/7] Compile Module.VulkanRHI.2_of_3.cpp
In file included from /home/evgeny/Work/unreal-engine/4.23/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Development/VulkanRHI/Module.VulkanRHI.1_of_3.cpp:2:
In file included from /home/evgeny/Work/unreal-engine/4.23/Engine/Source/Runtime/VulkanRHI/Private/Linux/VulkanLinuxPlatform.cpp:3:
In file included from Runtime/VulkanRHI/Private/Linux/VulkanLinuxPlatform.h:30:
Runtime/VulkanRHI/Private/Linux/../VulkanLoader.h:192:2: error: unknown type name 'PFN_vkCmdSetCheckpointNV'; did you mean 'PFN_vkCmdSetViewport'?
        ENUM_VK_ENTRYPOINTS_ALL(DECLARE_VK_ENTRYPOINTS);
        ^
Runtime/VulkanRHI/Private/Linux/../VulkanLoader.h:185:2: note: expanded from macro 'ENUM_VK_ENTRYPOINTS_ALL'
        ENUM_VK_ENTRYPOINTS_OPTIONAL_PLATFORM_INSTANCE(EnumMacro) \
        ^
Runtime/VulkanRHI/Private/Linux/VulkanLinuxPlatform.h:24:15: note: expanded from macro 'ENUM_VK_ENTRYPOINTS_OPTIONAL_PLATFORM_INSTANCE'
    EnumMacro(PFN_vkCmdSetCheckpointNV, vkCmdSetCheckpointNV) \
              ^
/opt/vulkan/1.1.77.0/x86_64/include/vulkan/vulkan_core.h:2828:26: note: 'PFN_vkCmdSetViewport' declared here

Is this version incompatibility issue?
Unfortunately I can’t find information anywhere is Ubuntu 16 supported, what version of Vulkan in required here.

Thank you.

You have to updated your system drivers as well.

What version of drivers/Ubuntu is expected? Is Ubuntu 16.04 supported/will work with?

Well, had to come to answer myself. UE4.23 ships with vulkan-1.1.106 which is embedded with UE4.23 itself. So it all supposed to work out of the box unless:

I installed SDK from LunarXchange (you’re looking for 1.1.106 version), but I cannot say was it essential to be installed or not now.

And yes, UE4.23 works on Ubuntu 16.04.

Which graphics card are you working with? Is it supported by the nvidia drivers? See Vulkan Driver Support | NVIDIA Developer

If it is supported, then install latest nvidia driver (418.43 works for me) and vulkan drivers.

my solution and maybe work for you. Cheers