UE4.12.3 Vive controller wands not tracking after switching from Rift/Touch dev

Concurrent Vive/Touch development means that typically a few restarts and cable swapping is required whenever I need to switch headsets. Usually I have had no issues eventually getting the headsets and motion controllers to work flawlessly in editor with VR Preview. However, right now I cannot get the Vive wands to track via the Motion Controller Component. Overriding the controllers to update their transforms via the SteamVR API Blueprints to directly grab device 0 and device 1 transforms and setting them to our master motion controller Blueprint works. However, I believe this method causes a frame delay-and using MotionControllerComponent relieves this issue and is simpler to use, while providing a solution for all platforms simultaneously.

We are on a source build of 4.12.3, using >99% Blueprint code though it is setup as a C++ project. I can confirm MotionControllerComponent works on PlayStationVR. It also works on a fresh 4.12.3 project on my computer. Downloading this GitHub - mitchemmc/VRContentExamples: Unreal Engine 4 community VR content examples and running it in 4.12.3 yields functional Vive controllers which use MotionControllerComponent. Also, I’m not having any tracking issues in SteamVR or running other Vive apps. I uninstalled all Oculus drivers and software and still I’m having the same problem.

My team member does not have this problem. They are using an equivalent engine source build and the same project code, though they never installed Oculus Home or a CV1.

Help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I think I have ruled out the engine as part of a problem. Creating a new C++ or a new Blueprints only blank project allows me to make a functional motion controller blueprint. I went back to our project and made a blank map with three “SimpleMotionController_BP” actors, set to Pad, Left, and Right for the motion controller component, and has a sphere mesh nested under motion controller component. Even though I currently only have one wand with battery power, both the Left and Right actors appeared to disappear. The World Outliner says they are at origin, but the sphere is invisible. Very strange! Though my meshes in the master motion controller blueprint were not disappearing like this. Even stranger.

I found the source of the problem. This is in my UProject file (which I discovered you can edit!)

"Plugins": [
		{
			"Name": "WebBrowserWidget",
			"Enabled": true
		},
		{
			"Name": "Morpheus",
			"Enabled": false
		},
		{
			"Name": "MoveController",
		},
		{
			"Name": "WinDualShock",
		},
		{
			"Name": "LevelSequenceEditor",
		},
		{
			"Name": "OculusInput",
		},
		{
			"Name": "SteamController",
		}
	]

Morpheus was still set to true, even though I had disabled it in my config files. Setting it to false solved my problem. OculusInput had no affect true or false.