UE 5 Behavior Tree Abort Self Broken

I’m moving my project from UE 4.26 to UE 5, and my identical behavior tree behaves very differently. I’m used to being able to set decorator conditions to “aborts self”, and the behavior tree will loop around like so:

This doesn’t work anymore in 5.0.1, as when it gets to that bottom rightmost leaf of the tree, even if the decorator returns false, it gets stuck and doesn’t jump back around to the leftmost leaf of the tree. Anyone have a fix for this?

1 Like

Another example here, in past versions Enemy Actor Being Set would cause this to abort, you can see that it’s still running this branch of the tree while EnemyActor is set. The initial change once EnemyActor is set works, but subsequent changes do not.

Hi, have you found any solution to this issue by any chance?
Cause I’m having similar issues in UE5.

thanks

Any news?

Aborting self from the last node doesn’t make sense – you should be aborting lower priority from the left side.

It fails to abort even if it is on the left side. Wherever for some reason, blackboard comparison decorators do not seem to work properly. In my project they worked in ue4, with the same exact BT, while now in ue5 they do not