UE 5.3: Issues with packaged game: broken nanite landscape and shadows

You can now see landscape displacement on your packaged game?

Not packed but i can see it on my landscape.

Is your landscape scaled to larger than 100%? I managed to get them to disappear in a test level that wasn’t scaled… I don’t know if going to be a permanent fix though…

5.3.2 seems to have fixed all these glitches :slight_smile:

The Virtual Hieghtfield mesh does exactly this?

1 Like

Really? I didn’t see anything related to this issue in the patch notes! I will make a copy of my project and try it with 5.3.2 soon.

still the same problem here in 5.3.2 with packed game

Yes it does!

This fix worked for me in the editor, I need to check if it works in a packaged game aswell

I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it?

Not yet, I disabled it for now since this feature is still experimental anyway.

Same problem here, hoping someone discovers a solution… Or they fix it in UE 5.4.

1 Like

Did not work in the packaged game :frowning: Only hope now is that they fix it in 5.4. Will have to shelf this feature for now

Hi everyone I also ran into this problem. For me my solution was when I finally checked on “Use Material Attributes” on my primary material and connected a Make Material Attribute before it. I hope it helps I haven’t tested it, if you package the project but at least it got rid of the terrible triangle artifacts.

not work for me, after pakeged i got blank triangles

I am in 5.3.2(most recent) and still having this issue. I tried the virtual mesh technique in another project but I could not get good looking results with it. I love the way the tessellated nanite surface looks in editor, and it really reduces how much “foliage” ground debris I have to use and makes my water transitions look FAR better. It seems silly that it would work so well even playing in editor but then break with packaging the project. Any word on a fix for this? I’m at a point where I want to send out my builds for play testing and would love to have this working for that as it adds so much visual interest to my environments.

Have anyone tried this in 5.4?

In editor mode, using the “Material Attributes” node, I turned off “Allow Front Layer Translucency” and it seems to have gone away for now. Not tested on a packaged level.

in editor mode you can increase the magnitude of displacement just for a little and it helps but i could do nothing about it when its packed .

Guys has anyone been able to figure this out? So frustrating - missing triangles on nanite landscape - but only for packaged games. Has anyone tried this in UE 5.4?