UE 5.3.2, crashes everytime i try to open this file https://shorturl.at/ilnAM

Hello, I am trying to open this archviz file for a certain project, but UE keeps crashing while loading the static meshes, textures and shaders. This is the error that it shows, what might be the problem here?

LoginId:86238b6846f3683ad536e8bbd1059cc5
EpicAccountId:25f8d1effc094300bc639f310169707d

Fatal error: [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 251] Ran out of memory allocating 268435456 bytes with alignment 0. Last error msg: The paging file is too small for this operation to complete…

UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_DerivedDataCache
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Try renaming the config folder to config.old and try again. You are talking about a project file? It runs out of memory, as it says on top. This will set everything to default more or less.

1 Like

Hey thanks for you reply, but i renamed the folder Config.old and it just removed everything from the scene, now all i see is a landscape! what did i do wrong

You may need to add a 64GB pagefile.sys, which I documented in
Install a bigger pagefile.sys

Greetings @xtcgbeer

Welcome back to the Unreal Engine Community Forum. I’d be happy to look into the error. Can you provide your system specs for me? At first glance this does appear to be an issue with the pagefile siz, which Jimbo was outlining in his link. That may be useful for this situation.