UE 5.2, Linux, Scaling 2x in main window and 1x in sub windows

It seems that, in the just recently released UE Editor 5.2, the scaling on linux is broken. The main editor window and project selector appear 2x scaled and the project selector appears in full screen. Sub-windows (i.e. Quixel Bridge window) appear at the expected resolution.
This was not an issue in UE Editor 5.1.

System specs:
Distro: Arch Linux x86_64
WP: X11
DE: GNOME 44.1
WM: Mutter
DM: SDDM
GPU: NVIDIA 3070 Mobile
Config: OOTB UE 5.2

Neofech:

Host: OMEN by HP Laptop 16-b0xxx 
Kernel: 6.3.1-arch2-1 
Uptime: 9 mins 
Packages: 1733 (pacman), 21 (flatpak) 
Shell: bash 5.1.16 
Resolution: 2560x1440 
DE: GNOME 44.1 
WM: Mutter 
WM Theme: Adwaita 
Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
Terminal: kgx 
CPU: 11th Gen Intel i7-11800H (16) @ 4.600GHz 
GPU: Intel TigerLake-H GT1 [UHD Graphics] 
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Mobile / Max-Q 
Memory: 3334MiB / 31738MiB 
1 Like

I can confirm that our team has encountered the same scaling issue on Linux. We are using Linux Manjaro with GNOME as well. After upgrading to UE Editor 5.2, we noticed that the main editor window and project selector appear 2x scaled, while sub-windows such as the Quixel Bridge window display at the expected resolution. This problem was not present in UE Editor 5.1.

We urgently need a solution to this issue as it is severely affecting our workflow. We appreciate any effort made to address this problem as quickly as possible.

1 Like

I have some good news. We have found a temporary fix for this issue. By using the

-nohighdpi

argument when launching the editor, we were able to disable the high DPI support and resolve the scaling problem. It is worth noting that the ā€œEnable High DPI Supportā€ checkbox under ā€˜Editor Preferences > General > Appearanceā€™ seems to be enabled by default and cannot be disabled from within the editor (still active after restarting the editor). This behavior is unexpected and may be contributing to the scaling issue.

While this temporary workaround has helped us, we still hope for an official solution from the Unreal Engine team to address this scaling issue in Linux with UE Editor 5.2. We greatly appreciate their efforts to resolve this problem as quickly as possible to restore a seamless experience for Linux users.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, the nohighdpi parameter is a good workaround. It also prevents context menus being drawn with an offset since 5.2

1 Like

looks the same for me -_-