UE 5.1 Oculus Input Fix

I just wanted to post this for anyone who might experience the same issue I did and is not so experienced in VR development in Unreal Engine like myself. I couldn’t find this solution anywhere so I thought I would share what worked for me.

I am currently using the Quest 2 for VR development and had an issue where I could not get any kind of input from my controllers working. The controllers were tracking fine and I could see that reflected in the game, but if I tried to press a button I couldn’t get my event to fire. I tried both Enhanced Input and the now deprecated project settings input and neither worked.

The solution that ended up working for me was installing the MetaXR plugin for UE5 which I had no idea existed. This might be obvious for some but for me, apparently not lol. After installing the plugin, all my inputs were working like I expected them to.

I hope this helps anyone with a similar issue. There are also more cool inputs available after installing the plugin that some might find useful so it might be worth it in general if you are developing a game using Oculus.

Happy Coding!

4 Likes

Thanks Hoogee. I will try that.

Thanks, lot of cursing happened before finding this post…