UE 5.1 | LowLevelFatalError : RenderingThread.cpp crash | Packaged Build

After packaging and sending the game to my laptop (poor hardware, updated drivers) for testing, I encountered this not very funny log:

LowLevelFatalError [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 1273] 
GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 120.00 secs

I’m wondering if this is something that could be my fault and I need to look more into this. I’m asking this because I’ve never encountered this issue in 5.0 but after migrating to 5.1 it brought way too many issues including this one.
Laptop wasn’t experiencing much of a lag, because all details were put to low, and fps were around stable 50-60.

Testing the packaged build on decent hardware showed no problems whatsoever, but it’s important to optimize the game even for poor hardwares, thus I would like to know if I should just wait for updated 5.1 version, or if this could actually very well be my fault (I’ve seen multiple posts about 5.1 issues with rendering causing issues with textures, etc., so I’m unsure at this point)

6 Likes

at me when this problem is fixed (ps this error seems to be power unrelated as its happening on my high end pc and happens without applying any significant load on hardware or memory)