UE 5.0.0 error packaging for Oculus Quest 2

Hello, how are you ?

So i’m trying to package my UE 5.0.0 project in VR, for the Oculus Quest 2.
I have this error :

UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): Running AutomationTool…
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject=“D:/myname-doc/Unreal Projects/Test/Test.uproject” Turnkey -command=VerifySdk -platform=Android -UpdateIfNeeded -EditorIO -EditorIOPort=56141 -project=“D:/myname-doc/Unreal Projects/Test/Test.uproject” BuildCookRun -nop4 -utf8output -nocompileeditor -skipbuildeditor -cook -project=“D:/myname-doc/Unreal Projects/Test/Test.uproject” -unrealexe=D:\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe -platform=Android -cookflavor=ASTC -ddc=InstalledDerivedDataBackendGraph -installed -skipstage -nocompile
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): Log location: C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+UE_5.0\Log.txt
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): Installed Sdk validity:
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): Android: (Status=Invalid, Installed=, AutoSDK=, MinAllowed=r21a, MaxAllowed=r23a, Flags=“Platform_ValidHostPrerequisites”)
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): Will install Android SDK r21b
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): ----------------------------------------------
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): Running ‘D:\UE_5.0\Engine/Extras/Android/SetupAndroid.bat android-28 28.0.3 3.10.2.4988404 21.4.7075529 -noninteractive’
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): ----------------------------------------------
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): ERROR: Command D:\UE_5.0\Engine\Extras\Android\SetupAndroid.bat android-28 28.0.3 3.10.2.4988404 21.4.7075529 -noninteractive failed [Exit code 4, working dir = D:\UE_5.0\Engine\Extras\Android]
PackagingResults: Error: Command D:\UE_5.0\Engine\Extras\Android\SetupAndroid.bat android-28 28.0.3 3.10.2.4988404 21.4.7075529 -noninteractive failed [Exit code 4, working dir = D:\UE_5.0\Engine\Extras\Android]
LogSlate: Window ‘Turnkey’ being destroyed
Message dialog closed, result: Yes, title: Turnkey, text: Do you want to attempt again?
LogRendererCore: Warning: FlushRenderingCommands called recursively! 2 calls on the stack.
UATHelper: Cooking (Android (ASTC)): ERROR: Command D:\UE_5.0\Engine\Extras\Android\SetupAndroid.bat android-28 28.0.3 3.10.2.4988404 21.4.7075529 -noninteractive failed [Exit code 4, working dir = D:\UE_5.0\Engine\Extras\Android]
LogRendererCore: Warning: FlushRenderingCommands called recursively! 2 calls on the stack.
errorlog.txt (2.3 KB)

Does anyone know how to solve that noninteractive problem of the android.bat ?
Any help would be much apreciated, thanks.

1 Like

Same issue here. Actually I can build and do a streamed install it seems but it constantly crashes on device.

same issue here, any solutions?

Getting the same error on 5.0.3, also trying to build VR for OQ2. Either got this after figuring out how to set the JDK, or it is still a JDK problem.

you don’t need to use the bat file
if it downoaded the ndk file
it will be in appdata unreal
you just install it yourself into android 4 by copying the files to the android sdk/ndk folder
You can also just install by hand from android 4 as long as you have 21b+
I use 21e
Android 4 ide with ndk 21/, JDK 8, JRE 8 all have to be installed in order to cook the package for quest.
Android 4 is what the quest os was built with and it has command tools you need, jdk 8 has tools and dlls you need, jre 8 is needed to run the tools in android and jdk 8

1 Like