Download

UE 4.8 + Oculus SK1

Hello! I have been trying the new version of the engine (4.8.3) but could not get it working with my Oculus Rift DK1. I have installed pretty much every Oculus runtime version there is available in https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/ and even tried a couple of older versions of the engine (4.7.6, 4.6.1, 4.4.3, 4.3.1…) but nothing seems to work. The closest I got was being able to play my game in the VR Preview but the image was too small, even for the DK1 resolution (which, if I am not mistaken is 1280x800).

Could anyone who has managed to get this working properly tell me how it was accomplished? Which combination of the Engine and Oculus Runtime versions actually works?

Thanks in advance.

Hey man,
i’m using 4.7.2 + 0.5 SDK

4.8. and higher needs the 0.6 SDK*, which does not work correctly for me and my hardware.
(Please note that the 0.6 SDK with DK1 is working on my Laptop for me, but not on my Desktop PC.)

Rift Settings are Extend Desktop to HMD, Legacy Mode Disabled
Windows Display Settings are Extend Rift Desktop as a 2nd.

Working fine as you can see :wink:
Hope it’s working like that for you!

e/
Oh, somebody told me that the VR Preview Button in Version 4.8.* is disabled if any blueprint tabs are opened. Close them.

I followed your advice and everything appears to be working with UE 4.7.2 :smiley:
Thank you so much for your help!

Glad to hear, have fun!

Don’t want to sound arrogant but you really shouldn’t use the DK1 anymore, it’s just completely outdated (high latency, low resolution, no low persistence, to positional tracking…). It’s like developing a WAP webpage, it just makes no sense.

Well, the only valid point is the missing tracking. Everything else doesn’t matter for development purpose.