Download

UE 4.26.1 - Movie Render Queue & Cloth Simulation: chaotic behavior

Hello to the whole community. Always a pleasure to use UE4 … Version 4.26 is even better than the previous one, good job. Personally, I only use for rendering cinematics. The addition of Movie Render Queue is what we’ve all been waiting for! However, I noticed a totally erratic behavior when a character has a Cloth Simulation … the latter reacts in a totally erratic way. Even after the engine warmup and the tips for using the Movie Render Queue … I read some recommendations here and there, nothing helps …
Cloth Simulation does not seem to work with Movie Render Queue. I had to simply deactivate it … or use Sequencer Legacy

Same issue here … I gave a first look at the movie render queue to cranck up the quality of my renders, but cloths simulation are going crazy … I assume it has something to see with the simulation computed at each step of the subsample … :s any known work around ?

Yes … it is surely that … or something else, too bad … the quality of the renderings with MRQ is an excellent idea (well, after … the calculation takes us back “as in the good old days” rendering farms… Also, despite the warmup, a ghost image problem between each cut (very annoying and loss of time editing)

I’ve got the same issue. Cloth goes nuts in movie render. Any help would be appreciated.

https://epicgames.ent.box.com/s/8zzu8bastvh5h6bdch4p87on2gqk6001
side 58

what about this?

@Veteran: Thanks for the input. I looked into that. Unfortunately, this does not help. The cloth simulation still makes the cloth explode and implode every frame. This happens with temporal AA. I haven’t found a way to fix it anywhere. It does not happen with other AA methods.

Use motion blur. But blur amount has to be 1. No less. Camera and post process both

1 Like

This actually works!!! Thank you so much!