UBT Error, Error MSB3075

Hey, I have been having a problem with builds failing in Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition the second time I build them. I am able to build once without getting this error, but when I make any changes (even if its just deleting white space) I get this Failed Build error as you an see below. This happens with any project I attempt to build, old or new.

Any help would be appreciated.

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4,
> Configuration:
> BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
> 2>------ Build started: Project:
> Building_Escape, Configuration:
> Development_Editor x64 ------ 2>
> Compiling game modules for hot reload
> 2> Parsing headers for
> Building_EscapeEditor 2> Running
> UnrealHeaderTool
> “D:\Projects\Unreal\Building_Escape\Building_Escape\Building_Escape.uproject”
> “D:\Projects\Unreal\Building_Escape\Building_Escape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Building_EscapeEditor\Development\Building_EscapeEditor.uhtmanifest”
> -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error”
> -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed 2> Reflection code generated for Building_EscapeEditor in
> 2.6175988 seconds 2> Performing 4 actions (4 in parallel) 2>
> OpenDoor.cpp 2>
> Building_Escape.generated.cpp 2>
> [3/4] Link
> UE4Editor-Building_Escape-9487.dll 2>
> [4/4] Link
> UE4Editor-Building_Escape-2017.lib 2>
> Creating library
> D:\Projects\Unreal\Building_Escape\Building_Escape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Building_Escape-9487.lib
> and object
> D:\Projects\Unreal\Building_Escape\Building_Escape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Building_Escape-9487.exp
> 2> Creating library
> D:\Projects\Unreal\Building_Escape\Building_Escape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Building_Escape-9487.suppressed.lib
> and object
> D:\Projects\Unreal\Building_Escape\Building_Escape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Building_Escape-9487.suppressed.exp
> 2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to
> produce item:
> D:\Projects\Unreal\Building_Escape\Building_Escape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Building_Escape-2017.lib
> 2> Total build time: 4.97 seconds
> (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)
> 2>C:\Program Files
> (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5):
> error MSB3075: The command
> ““D:\Applications\Development\Unreal
> Engine\UE_4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat”
> Building_EscapeEditor Win64
> Development
> “D:\Projects\Unreal\Building_Escape\Building_Escape\Building_Escape.uproject”
> -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights
> to run this command.
> ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
> ==========

update: I can build the C++ Code if Unreal Editor isn’t open and I don’t get the error. The second I open the Project in Unreal Editor and try to build in VS2015 Community I get that error in Visual Studio.

Tried reinstalling both Visual Studio and unreal Engine 4.15.0 on the same drive , it did not fix the issue but is now giving me even worse issues by not allowing me to open the solution when making a brand new project.

Fixed the above issue, however still getting the Build Error issue in VS2015 and Unreal 4.15.0

I’m facing the same issue. I need to rebuild each time which takes way too long.
This never happened on a similar setup on the previous version of the engine.

It seems I have found a “Work Around” for this issue however it does cause another issue which I have yet to get fixed.

This is the configuration manager accessed via

1. Build > Configuration manager (once a solution has been opened.)
  2. Active Solution configuration > Development
  3. Editor Active Solution Platform > x64
  4. UE4 > Platform > Dropdown > New…
  5. New Platform > ARM
  6. Copy Settings from: > x64
  7. Create New Solution Platforms Checked.
  8. Select x64 for UE4 and this should fix the issue.

I am now however having an issue with the Hot Reload feature of Unreal where it has complacently stopped working and I’ve yet to find a solution that sticks.

Compiling the code from within the UE4 editor instead of VS works for me at the moment.
Would still like to know why the error occurs when building through VS though.

这个问题我花了大半天时间来搜索解决方案。终于找到了有用的东西

I spent almost half day to search for the solution to this.Finally, I found something useful.

可以参考一下上面两个问题的答案,其实两个都一样。

You can refer these two links above. Both the same, either one will be fine.

为了方便你们,我直接复制了解决方案:

For your convenient, I copyed it :

This is a known issue with changing to 4.12 and using tasks. It can be resolved by simply adding “GameplayTasks” to the PublicDependencyModuleNames section inside your ‘ProjectName’.Build.cs For example:
PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { “Core”, “CoreUObject”, “Engine”, “InputCore”, “AIModule”, “GameplayTasks” });

在YourProjectName.Build.cs里的PublicDependencyModuleNames加上GameplayTasks就行。

Add GameplayTasks to PublicDependencyModuleNames of the YourProjectName.Build.cs file~.