UAudioComponent SetSound() playing sound immediately even though AutoActivate set to false

I am having an issue with the UAudioComponent SetSound() function. It plays the sound as soon as the sound is set, even though I have set AutoActivate to false.

The only forum posts I could find on this issue are here and here. Both reference setting AutoActivate to false, which I have done, but the audio still plays when SetSound is executed.

I am using UE 4.26.2 and C++. The relevant code is posted below:

Header:

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, Category = Sound, meta = (AllowPrivateAccess = "true"))
	class UAudioComponent* RollingSound;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, Category = Sound, meta = (AllowPrivateAccess = "true"))
	class USoundBase* RollingSoundWave;

Constructor:

RollingSound = CreateDefaultSubobject<UAudioComponent>(TEXT("RollingSound"));
	static ConstructorHelpers::FObjectFinder<USoundBase> RollingSoundHelper(TEXT("SoundCue'/Game/Sound/BallRollingCue.BallRollingCue'"));
	if (RollingSoundHelper.Object != nullptr)
	{
		RollingSound->SetAutoActivate(false);
		RollingSoundWave = RollingSoundHelper.Object;
	}
	else
	{
		GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 3.f, FColor::Red, TEXT("Failed to load ball rolling sound cue"));
	}

I am currently executing SetSound in PostInitializeComponents() (per advice in one of the above forum posts) but it does not matter where I execute it, I get the same result. I have tried in the constructor, BeginPlay and the function where the sound is played and I get the same results.

if (RollingSoundWave != nullptr)
	{
		//RollingSound->UAudioComponent::SetSound(RollingSoundWave);
		RollingSound->SetSound(RollingSoundWave);
	}

When I play in editor and look at the properties of the pawn I can see that AutoActivate is unchecked but the sound is still playing once when the game loads and again when the level loads. I have tried executing Deactivate() and Stop() before SetSound() but this has no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.
[UE4-26] [Audio] [CPP]