[Twitch] Twitch integration, 4.3 new feature highlights & more - July 3, 2014

I doubt this will work without without embedding some kind of iframe from 3rd party site, and as far as I know it’s tricky to add that kind of stuff to vB.

its usually just a link to a countdown clock, like this one from the last twitch stream thread.

Phat tool Persona integration coming in 4.3? Or maybe just a feature which will allow you to mirror constraints/bodies inside the Phat tool?

Here: Countdown

I’d love to see the same view port options available when using the blueprint component editor, or at least an orthographic option. not being able to snap to top, left and front views is a pain :confused:

Will be Mixamo integration with Unreal Engine 4?

They answered this in a prior live stream. I believe it was Dana who confirmed they’re working alongside Mixamo, in addition to other partners such as Allegorithmic.

Hey Guys, is GameInstance coming to Blueprints in 4.3?

When did Sony start talking to you about Project Morpheus for the first time? Support was announced at the GDC reveal.

Only one question :slight_smile:
When are we going to be able to choose which bone to use for root motion on import ?
Using blender 2.71 and the FBX exporter re-parents everything to an the rig object. I’m in touch with the blender devs about this but it seems it’ll be a lot of pain on their end.

• Mr.Nexy

The Phat/Persona integration is likely to be a couple months off still. We will look at improving Phat usability in the meantime however, so let us know your biggest pain points.

No I do not believe GameInstance will come to Blueprints in 4.3, although I will follow up to confirm.

Thanks for answering questions guys! Awesome stream.

AND TWITCH INTEGRATION!!! Out of left field yet SO COOL!

Another great podcast, enjoyed it a lot!

When browsing for the Twitch sample in the stream, I couldn’t help to see that there were some sample projects that looked interesting from the thumbnail (well the InfiltratorDemo and the Landscape samples). Will we ever see those are they rather internal things that will stay internal?

Any possible information about 4.3 for those of us who are at work and could not tune in to the podcast? =)

Yep! We’re always building new samples and looking at content in our archives that would be valuable to make available to developers. Hopefully more to share on these efforts in the future.

@des, nice! I see the Hovership game.

Does anyone know if “Clear coat shading model” made it into 4.3? It was being worked on in June.

is there a way to get access to the 4.3 Release notes they had up with the pictures of each new feature.
seems like the link isn’t public:

http://docs.google.com/document/d/1nrEU-pGXH5BQLIOIVCMBHJT--THE075Y6KLKUGXQQMM

Release Notes will be published somewhere at the start of next week ( as stated in the Livestream) including an actual Build for the Launcher.

Can we get some more details on the up-and-coming Lit Transluscency if possible? As a tech artist this is something super-interesting to me :slight_smile:

My Questions:

• Do we have lightmap baking on translucency now? (2-Sided as well for things like interior windows etc?). There are some (rude) workarounds for it but they aren’t perfect and double your light-baking time.
  • Do they take SSR and the reflection environment into account? (No more rude hacks for water etc.)
  • How expensive is it compared to the unlit translucency, do we have the option to toggle it per-material (I guess just, Lit & Unlit models?)