[Twitch] Support Livestream - VFX - Oct. 7, 2014

Infiltrator was never on the Marketplace bud :slight_smile: From what I hear it has a lot of conversion work to be done to fit in with the rest of the Mktplc content.

Moar questions:

• Is it possible to have Ribbons follow a particle that has an orbit module, rather than the particles root location? Currently I believe the way Orbit works is that the Particles location stays the same but it’s just rendered in a different place. Using that particle as a Source location for a ribbon means that the ribbon is attached to the Particles location, not the actual visual location.

• Could we have an overview of how the GPU Orbit module works compared to the regular Orbit module? I’m aware that there are differences and I struggle to get the GPU one to work.

• What kinds of effects can we use all of the new Particle Modules for in the material editor? (Such as Particle Motion, Particle Relative Lifetime etc).

• Will it be possible to combine particle types in the future, such as having GPU Mesh emitters data, or GPU Ribbons?

Great idea ! :slight_smile:

This will then replcae the regular stream then right?

No this is Tuesday and not Thursday :slight_smile:

So now its 3 Streams a Week from “Epic”. Thuesday This support Stream. Wednesday is the UT Stream. Thursday is normal Epic news Stream :slight_smile:

Epic is Epic :slight_smile:

Ah yes I now recall and I may or may not have access to it from the good old UE4 Rocket BETA / licensee days :wink:

p.s. I am not sure if the NDA embargo has been fully lifted or partially. Soooo that is all I can really say on the matter…

[HR][/HR]
@Chance - Perhaps you can elaborate on this subject matter further?

Also it might be best to revive this old thread for further discussion on the topic Will Epic release Elemental assets and Infiltrator assets? - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums

This support stream is focused around Particles and VFX, as the initial post states :cool:

What a great idea! Can’t wait to see the topics you have lined up! If possible can we get one on Data Tables? So far there is only a few documents on data driven stuff.

Awesome! Well my question:

I’m working on a prototype for a game that involves painting on a canvas. What’s the easiest way to go about transferring color from a particle system to a canvas? Would I use decals and randomize the shape (so all my splats don’t look the same), or is there a better way to go about that?

Thanks,

iReddog

I vote for android optimization topic.

Does it make sense to have a thread where people can say what kind of topics they would be interested in for the Twitch Support Stream?

My apologies Chance,
That is why I posted the above thread link to shift the topic away from this thread as this conversation is not technically on topic for this thread.

Is fluid/volumetric particles something you plan to integrate? What is your general take on that? (Feasibility in a real game situation (high-end) and not just a small tech demo).

The issue with fluids/volumetric particles is the same as with every voxel solution. Speed of creating voxels, and then storing them.

Unless you have better idea for representation volumetric (3d) data in space, than voxels.

Some things I’d love to see:

–What emitter parameters you can control with Blueprints and the basics of HOW.
–Can you turn off and on vector fields via the above? At all?
–Overview of the Source and Target modules for Beam data type
–Can you emit particles from a specified mesh (and from verts, triangles, etc…)

Two VFX related Questions:

1.) Any plans on “Dynamic Parameter” support on GPU Particles? (is it even possible?)

2.) Are there plans to add an Torus emitter to the already existing ones (Sphere, Cylinder etc) in the Location Module)?

Regards,

Awesome! I’ll be there!

Next - Will we be able to add custom static meshes to the emitter location shapes in the future, or perhaps as part of Niagra.

Thanks for taking my question on the stream!

For me, since the blood vessel particle system is meant for VR, it is important that they remain meshes, since depth and dimensionality are critical. I’ll look at using animated Acceleration.

Thanks again for doing this! Very helpful! Please do one for the Rift! I’ve gotten pretty good at this point, but I’ll bet there would be a ton of questions.

Wow, shows even more how much you care about the community. Truely amazing! Thank you.

Is the a link to this stream? I missed it :-/

EDIT: Scratch that, found it Twitch

Didn’t show on my phone.

Can UMG widgets be used out in the world(not directly attached to the player viewscreen), and if so can you show a quick easy example? This would be things like a floating health bar on a unit/enemy, icons that float near specific points or objects, etc.

Thanks!

Edit: Reposted to the proper thread!