[Twitch] Particle Vertex Shaders - Oct. 9, 2014

WHAT
Senior Technical Artist Jon Lindquist and Senior VFX Artist hang out with us to discuss various visual effect concepts and tools such as pivot painter, morph targets, mesh particles, and vertex shading. We’ve got some examples in store, and more are available to you now in the Content Examples project! As usual, Dana and will be on to give updates to Marketplace, Community Spotlight, and more! Come kick it with us!

WHEN
Thursday, Oct. 9th @ 2PM ET - Countdown]

WHERE
www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
Dana Cowley - Sr. Marketing Manager
Jon Lindquist - Sr. Technical Artist
Elek - Sr. VFX Artist
Ivey - Community Manager

Questions? Drop em in the thread!

EDIT: YouTube Archive is up here](- YouTube)

Should be the 9th :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like an interesting topic though, especially after today’s stream!

Every week I do …

I don’t really know what questions to ask because those tools are still pretty new to me, but dude you guys are loving the Particle enthusiasts week, it’s ace!

Hi all,

Same here , at the moment , i don’t know those tools , it’s going to be interesting

Fun topic! I couldnt watch the stream on tuesday because of Twitch. Hope it will behave time…

More particles!!!

I’d like to ask, how intensive would using morph targets be compared to animated bones. For example a common question people run into often is whether to use bones or morph targets for facial animation, I’d like to know which would be the best method performance-wise in UE4.

When my pawn blueprint has a particle emitter attached to it, and the pawn has physics enabled, the emitter always lags behind the pawn by a distance determined by framerate. Why does happen and how to fix it?

Thanks

Is there a of seeing the Higgs particle today? :wink:

Yes please with documentation ?

Can we get the recording of stream up soon? Pretty please? :slight_smile: It seems the Twitch page has stopped auto-archiving recordings.

@SiggiG - Going up now! I’ve been out of town for the last few days. There should be a way yo view it on the twitch channel itself, however, at** twitch.tv/unrealengine**

Cheers! :slight_smile: Yeah there used to be an option there, a tab where the chat is, but it disappeared a few weeks ago?

Edit: Found it! If you click any of the archived videos below you get the full list :slight_smile: