[Twitch] Learning Resources - What's new in 4.5 & What's Next! - Nov 6, 2014 @ 2PM ET

WHAT
Technical Writers and Bunn join us to talk about learning resources, all the new ways to find help in the editor where and when you need it, and what’s in the works now. Also, we’ll be highlighting next week’s East Coast Dev Tour talks and schedule.

WHEN
Thursday, Nov. 6th @ 2PM ET - Countdown]

WHERE
www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
Ivey - Community Manager

• Technical Writer
    Bunn - Technical Writer

Questions? Drop 'em in the thread!

Also, we’re happy to announce that we’ve made our Twitch Calendar public, so you can subscribe to it with your google calendar, iCal, or other preferred calender application!

are the public URLs
**ICAL **- “https:// www.google.com/calendar/ical/epicgames.com_0q2jjq8pjmunuvs91l974ldia0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
**XML **- “https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/epicgames.com_0q2jjq8pjmunuvs91l974ldia0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

And 's how you can add it to your calendar
Google Calendar](Subscribe to someone’s Google Calendar - Computer - Google Calendar Help)
iCal / Mac Calendar App](Add Google Calendar events to Apple Calendar - Computer - Google Calendar Help)

EDIT: The YouTube archive is up ****](Learning Resources: What's New & Next | News | Unreal Engine - YouTube)

4.5? Maybe 4.6? :slight_smile:

Hey guys first off let me say that the new updates to the docs are great.

[Q?] I was wondering can we get a change log, right now its impossible to see whats new.
Something i think whould be awsome for everyone. :slight_smile:

[Q?] Also you think you guys could add some documentation for UMG Drag and Drop.
And also some documentation for the replication with conditions I have not been able to find much.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
Best Regards.

[Q?] Is there any documentation available on creating enemy AI using behavior trees?

[Q?] What’s the latest news on Large World Support?

1+ for :slight_smile:

Today’s stream is with our technical writers, we won’t have anyone on that can speak to large world support.

Thanks!

Pfft, take large world support! (you guys doing a community spotlight today?)

/shamelessplug

[Question]

• With the new 128 Texture Sampler limit in 4.6, we can use much nicer materials on Landscapes, but does the higher texture sampler count have a huge performance hit or is it relatively linear?

Incredible!! I can almost see my house from :cool:

That video was worth the wait! :slight_smile:

[Question] A few weeks ago there was a suggestion on the forums for adding comments to the documentation to allow us to make comments/give examples. What are your thoughts on opening up the documentation to the public with suggestion?

Hi there,

I don’t know if i will be clear but :

[Add more documentation]
(BluePrint) Working with Database SQL (Random Spawn objects , weapons & AI caracters in the world from Database & saving inventory & world location in Database).
**(BluePrint Slate Machine/Montage/Skeleton) **More exemple documentation about all blend node .
(BluePrint Skeleton, static mesh) More tutorials about hit trace detection with Skeleton/pose & static mesh colision.

Thank

Really nice scene, well done!