[Twitch] 4.7 Preview, Preview Builds, and More - Jan 8, 2014 @ 2PM ET

That sounds amazing and exactly what I need for our project!
Placing everything with foliage tool by hand in our huge map takes forever since we want them to not randomly scatter all over, we want clusters and all that and everything should be different depending on how high above sea level you are and such.
I think I might go into hibernation and wake up once 4.8 is released.

Also, will we be able to place blueprints with the Ecosystem tool?

Thanks for getting to my question, looking forward to it

Seems like they didn`t talk about NVIDIA GameWorks. Hope to get more information on this soon :slight_smile:

Yes qustion was ignored it seems.
It may be that they actualy can t talk to much about it or dont know the eta since its NVIDIA thats doing the implementation as far as i understand.

But it be great if someone from Epic could clerefy a bit.
At this point its to much say and rumors for me come to a conclusion.
What is coming and when?
What will be supported out of the box?

And so 4th, its all so unclear Epic!

https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration

@Frequia and :

I don’t have a specific answer for you at the moment but as Mike mentioned in the thread that these are GitHub branches that NVIDIA is doing. I’ve messaged a couple of the developers to see if these will be integrated in a future release of the editor.

Personally, I would love to see these integration’s included in the editor as well, but Mike did mention that they are actively working on these and hope to have them available via GitHub around the end of January. This was not an indication that they would be included directly with UE4, from what I read.

Once I’ve heard back I’ll update.

Thank you!

Thanks for the info :slight_smile: Unreal Engine gets more and more amazing!

The stream was really interesting.

Is there a way to have a status on UMG advanced samples in ShooterGame? I really like to see how you think the usage of UMG to do stuff like “Scoreboard”. In fact, I want to know how you will handle the fact that you need to manage a number of player that will change between frame so you need to create/delete umg widget live.
I want to learn the best pratices for this and learn if I need to create the appropriate widget at each frame or manage a array and manage a create/delete function at each frame by looking at the current player array.

Thanks,

I don’t have a specific answer for you at the moment but as Mike mentioned in the thread that these are GitHub branches that NVIDIA is doing. I’ve messaged a couple of the developers to see if these will be integrated in a future release of the editor.

Personally, I would love to see these integration’s included in the editor as well, but Mike did mention that they are actively working on these and hope to have them available via GitHub around the end of January. This was not an indication that they would be included directly with UE4, from what I read.

Once I’ve heard back I’ll update.

Thank you!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you been trying to figue this out for a while.
I got some replys on the thread you mentiond as well so am on the right page now. :slight_smile:

This may be hard to answer but do you think hardware independet solutions will be available for UE 4 at one point?

While speaking with some the engineers it’s always a possibility and Mike and his team really seem to want to get GameWorks out there for the masses to use. Personally, I’m loving their involvement with the community lately and look forward to each NV Branch they do on GitHub to check out some things. I’m especially looking forward to the Flex version after Mike teased some pics!

At the moment though there are no plans to integrate these integration’s into the master branch or binary versions of the editor. This may change at some point in the future though.

I know this is still vague, but there is probably a bunch of stuff that has to be handled on the back end and with integrating, documentation, and all the fun stuff that I’m not really a part of to get this available. I’m on your guys side though and look forward to all the fun effects! :smiley:

Thanks for listening to the community about the foliage issue - cant wait to try out the new Ecosystem systems.

We have access to individual instances via blueprint now, and it’s proven to be highly useful - any plans to implement the same functionality for foliage/biome instances?

I have a system right now that swaps between instanced meshes and actors on the fly so that when the player needs to interact with a mesh, they can, but otherwise everything is instanced for maximum performance. It would be fantastic if we could layer our own functionality like this over the foliage/biome tool as well.

I’m not what is going on behind the scenes with foliage, but all we’d really need is to have the Tarray’s exposed to us and be able to get the index of any given instanced mesh.

You guys rock!