[Twitch] 4.6 Roadmap - Oct. 23, 2014

Planned for 4.6

Hi guys, my questions:

• What are the plans for Market Place in terms of search-ability, categorization, sales and specials/bundles
  • Are we going to see blue-printable components soon? Make components in blueprint?
  • What is the status of blu-tilities? Would love some getting started documentation.
  • What is the status of plugins in marketplace etc?

Tommy.

Epic Cloud?

Allow us to host leaderboards, achievements, stats and data (basically user accounts and profiles) similar to Hydra (agoragames) and then taking a leaf from Unity, advertising, analytics, cloud builds etc.

Since UE can’t build a Windows exe from Mac and a Mac exe from Windows, a Cloud build service would be very useful indeed.

As long as there aren’t any references to a given asset in the maps you’re packaging, they won’t be included. One of my projects has ~11GB of stuff in the assets collection, and when published is only about 150MB. Also if you’re packaging a Development version (e.g., so the console works) make sure to delete the .pdb files or they will bloat the size.

I agree on all of these. I do find that other engines I have used are a bit more Indie friendly when it comes to the tutorials and documentation. For many, being truly and utterly clear how everything works almost to the point of hand-holding helps people really understand without having to scour the forums and want to give up.

I would love if 4.6 would focus on performance improvements. Especially on the Mac. 4.5 seems to have helped slightly (I think…). But I would love it if Navigating the app just felt smooth.

I would also love Some Retina Display support. Viewing the Editor on a Retina Display makes me sad. I know it is just an aesthetic thing but one just gets used to the sharp easily readable text on a Retina Mac.

I would also like to not have to close the Launcher in order to get decent performance from Unreal.

I am about to develop my first game on UE4 and looking forward to see how it shapes up.

Veto!.

Please add more features and do not slow down.

Stability, stability, stability. Without it, engine is simply a toy, not a tool.

The point I don’t have much problems with stability.

I think it’s rather stable. I have no problem with it.

Agreed, love seeing all the new features coming out with new releases.

As and inside have said aswell, no stability issues . 4.5 Preview was a bit crash happy. But not a single crash (That wasnt self inflicted) since using 4.5

I agree with it BUT So, Epic, please DON’T stop adding new features like crazy ^^ Make it friendly users.

Stability doesn’t just mean that soft doesn’t crash, you know.
Stability of UI, stability of performance, stability of dev interface that is source code and many, many others.

I’d like to know about UMG improvements in 4.6!

My project is currently largely blocked as we need a way of rendering UMG GUIs onto 3D planes in world. Forum comment suggests it’s in 4.6, would like confirmation :slight_smile: UMG - In-World UI? - Blueprint Visual Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

Other than that, would love to see more/better VR integration, specially around VR loading screens (and even better support for loading screens in general)!

Could you describe what you experience being unstable (except for crashes), making a “toy” and warranting Epic should stop focusing on features in place of fixing “stability” issues you claim. Might help them improving stuff. Since you’re not having issues with the most obvious stability problems, you really need to be more specific.

I have to agree with on one. Obviously your definition of stability is different to mine, as I find the editor and ingame (not considering crashes) to be stable, performance wise, UI wise, development wise (Then again for development I usually end up rewriting or extending where I need to support features that have not been developed by Epic yet)

Changes in UMG, classes removed or replaced in source code, changes editor menus, now reports drastic drop in FPS in 4.5, what else do you need? How is it that you are not seeing unstable? Seriously.

I would like to see rendering on a different depth layer, so weapon clipping(in FPS mode) can be fixed. Unless somebody has an other good solution for ??

So improving an existing (and up until that point, unfinished) tool, removing deprecated code and improving UX are all signs of instability? FPS drops from navmesh generation is fair enough but I’m not sure what you’re getting at with the rest.

Yes, they all are signs of instability. That’s why I’ve mentioned that. And I know that you’re not sure what I’m getting at.

What time have a separate lens flare editor, like UDK, because some effect particle editor I must realize and after its volume can not meet.