Tutorial for Unreal Engine 5: Develop and install Virtual Reality App for the Oculus/Meta Quest (2)

Hi, I work at a university in Berlin/Germany (BHT) and have been working on developing a VR app for the Quest 2 in Unreal 5. I wandered through various tutorials and had to do a lot of searching to get everything clean and reproducible (as of today). Since I wrote down what I learned anyway, I thought I’d make a video tutorial out of it and upload it to YouTube. The language is German, but with English subtitles (follows my spoken language very closely) and a detailed bilingual description in the text. So for most of it, you don’t need to watch the video at all.

I’m sure there are some steps that might not be necessary, e.g. there are some components in Visual Studio that might not be needed or I could have made Android Studio even simpler. I would be very grateful for any comments. Otherwise, I have already been able to reproduce the whole thing on two computers with the current Unreal Engine 5.

2 Likes

it is a slog to set up for most of us
once you have it set up
it just goes tho