[Tutorial] CoD: Zombies Blueprint Tutorial Series

Just getting into Game Design here, and I’m very excited to watch these here shortly. I snuck a little preview and it looks very helpful. Subbing on youtube. Thank you very much :slight_smile:

• Sinari

I appreciate that Sinarisinestro, I will certainly work harder to upload as frequently as possible.

Really nice work - Looking forward to the AI sections!

Thanks for your patience everyone, I am posting a new video tomorrow, most likely some prep work for the Mystery Box. I have made some more progress on my map, I have rough drafts of Lobby, PM63 room, and MP40 room, I hope to get some of the Allie & the dressing room done tomorrow.

Sounds good. Thanks for teaching us how (especially on the trees, that was really insightful).

I’ve uploaded the 3rd tutorial (The Mystery Box) video in the series (see the 3rd post). There is still a bug where the mystery box sometimes stays instead of moving, I will post the next video once I get that bug sorted out.

I would very much appreciate anyone who spreads the word about this series, more viewers = more motivation. If you would like to receive notifications the moment I upload a video, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel as well as follow me on Twitter.

I must admit that FPS games aren’t my preference, but I will follow you for sure!

A tutorial step by step how others do things is an amazing job, and the mainly thing: very, very instructive.

With things like this not only novice users (like myself) can find answer to many “novice” questions, they can see their effort significantly rewarded seeing their progress.

So please, keep doing this, Ill start doing this too when back to home ^^

Well I’m glad you subscribed, I am pretty much walking you through everything except level-design. As for my latest video (The Mystery Box), I have fixed the bug when the mystery box changes, I will try and make a video today or tomorrow.

I’ve uploaded the 4th tutorial (The Mystery Box PART 2) video in the series (see the 3rd post). In this video, we fix the bugs that we had last time, animate the mystery box, and change a few more things.

Also, I’ve learned how to use anim blueprints, so I will likely be covering player animation in my future videos.

I would very much appreciate anyone who spreads the word about this series, more viewers = more motivation. If you would like to receive notifications the moment I upload a video, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel as well as follow me on Twitter.

5th video is up, in the new video I cover the essentials of character animation (Yes, I am doing animation now). See the 4th post for a link to the video.

I would just like to thank everyone that has been subscribing lately, I am doing a fairly large giveaway once I reach 2000 subscribers, I am sitting at 1985 right now. I will likely be giving away an SSD and a Steam redeemable game code.

this is looking interesting, gonna give it a look into!

Alright, lots are watching, but nobody is giving me feedback, and I value feedback very highly. Just know that the videos get pretty long (I try to explain things as detailed as I possibly can), my most recent video was 2:40:00.

The videos have been great; great detail and explanations. It’s hard to find people who put this much effort into their tutorials.
Other than the background noise on your mic (which isn’t a problem if you aren’t wearing headphones (and has gotten better after your second video)
The length of the videos are reasonable, I went over your longest over 2 days after work.
I don’t want you to reduce the quality of your videos for length constraints.

Thank-you, by the 5th video (my latest), the audio quality is fantastic in my opinion. I am glad that you are enjoying the series so far, and pardon any of the mistakes I make (I do pretty much everything live without preparation). I will still try and stick to videos being around the 1:30:00 mark which seems like a good length.

This is very very interesting!

Just subscribed and I’ll be sure to create something based on those tutorials :slight_smile:

Thanks for the time and effort, I really appreciate that

I’ve uploaded the 6th tutorial, which is short compared to those of late. In this tutorial I add doors, and a few things to prepare for future videos.

The 7th tutorial is uploaded, I just go over a few replication fixes. The next video is going to cover scoring/points, and it will likely be one of the longer videos.

Feedback: One of the things I would like to see is if you add time stamps on the video description so that someone could just right to a specific thing, since the videos are quite long…
What I mean is just to “highlight” the beginning of the subject so that one can easily find what he’s looking for :slight_smile:

I know that you already added some notes on the video itself, but to have something specific in the video description would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Ok, I’ll try and remember, thanks for the suggestion.

I just uploaded the 8th video that covers the 1st part of scoring & points, I hope to get part 2 uploaded within the next 2 days.