Tutorial: Caching Niagara Fluids with Sequencer

In this video, we show how to use Sequencer to cache volume files generated from a 3D gas simulation. The results can be played back with sequencer and used in Movie Render Queue renders.

https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/tutorials/7B3y/unreal-engine-caching-niagara-fluids-with-sequencer

1 Like

I tried to use it with Grid 3D Flip Pool but it’s not working

I was able to get that working. Did you try to follow the tutorial? What did it look like when it didn’t work?

I installed simcaching plugin but there is no Cache track
Is there any way to match the fluid with the scene I created at the right moment ?
The preview work fine but it’s not working when render

If you are in 5.2, you need to install the NiagaraSimCaching plugin. Please follow the video here: Caching Niagara Fluids with Sequencer | Tutorial

Hello Devon, I was wondering, is it possible to cache niagara simulation when triggered by chaos destruction data ?
I’m able to get niagara fluid working with Chaos Cache but I want to cache everything if it’s possible, but since it’s something triggered at some point, when I click the fluid cache button, nothing is happening since it doesnt read chaos cache when recording
Thank you!

Hmm, I’d try to maybe cache the chaos sim first, then use the sequencer integration to cache the Niagara sim. IE: Caching Niagara Fluids with Sequencer | Tutorial
Or if you aren’t able to use sequencer and it is more of a live experience, you CAN trigger caching through blueprints, but I don’t think we have a tutorial for that. Is that more along the lines of what you want?

Hello, thanks for the video.
Small issue - reversed Niagara Fluid Cache doesnt render in MRQ.
Any help?

@DevonPenney I mean it’s playing in viewport (with jittering) but If I try to render it - the reversed fluid cache is invisible. Will be glad for any suggestions…