Tutorial: Authoring Secondary Animation in Maya and Unreal with Pose Driver Connect

@ChrisTheodosius Something I did realize is that when mirroring, the poses do not get rename for L/R even using the Metahuman file and the metahuman config file, its still happens

Hi @CA_Dont-Nod,

Thanks for raising this! The pose names not being mirrored is a known issue and is currently on the backlog.

The sentence may not be smooth because it used a translator. Please excuse me.

When I export, FBX is not exported, only json is exported.
I’ve given a route, I’m using Maya version 2024.2, and PoseWrangler is version 2.4.0

Hi @hye8310,

Are you exporting from the File > Export Selected Drivers menu or using the Export button on the right hand side under Pose Exporter?

If you export using the File menu, only the json file will be exported.
To export FBX files, use the Export button under Pose Exporter.

Hope this helps!

Hi @ChrisTheodosius,
Thank you for your answer.
But I exported it through the export button of Pose Exporter.
Is there something I missed?

Do you see any errors in the script editor?

The export button should run multiple copies of Mayapy to generate the FBXs, if no FBXs are being created then there is likely a problem trying to run Mayapy

Thank you for your quick response.

Multiple Mayapy run during export and no error message appears in Maya Script Editor after completion.

@ChrisTheodosius Thanks for creating such a great tool. We’ve been using it and running into some issues because our animations needs force x-axis front enabled. This results in the pose driver firing poses other than the default when the character is at bind pose.

Is this something you’ve encountered, or could this just be an issue local to us?

1 Like