turnkey returned an error, code 1

Whenever I try to package my Game in Unreal Engine 5.1.1, I get this error under the SDK management section of the Windows build section “Turnkey returned an error, code 1”. I’ve looked through the forums and only found one solution with was to delete a registry component where there was no Command Processor Directory. I have installed all the SDKs for Windows but I’m still unable to package my game. If I try to use the Update SDK option under my PC name in the All Devices Section. I get an error saying “Unable to update SDK”. I’ve looked through A lot of forums, subreddits, and other 3rd party forums but I was unable to find a solution.

Did you resolve the issue? I haven’t tried packaging a game yet, but I do see this error in SDK Management in the editor Platforms dropdown.

To fix this issue you just need to reverify the Unreal Engine files since that seemed to work for me but Unreal engine is different than other engines

2 Likes

This was the trick for me after installing all sorts of SDK’s and .net’s and deleting registry entries. a simple rightclick-verify on the engine installation in the EGS launcher.

Thanks!

Glad I was able to find the solution to your issue :+1:

I started getting the error today. Reverifying the Unreal Engine files worked for me as well.

This is strange because everything worked fine a few days ago. I didn’t run any Windows Updates or (un)install any SDK’s.

Stranger still is that as of yesterday, Visual Studio 2022 Community began to crash when opening on my other machine every single time. Not even an uninstall and reinstall fixed it. I wonder if that is somehow related.

Tutorial on the subject

1 Like

Verifying the engine install from the launcher seems to have worked for me!

I also tried these steps first, but they didn’t fix it (at least until I verified):