Turning back to 0,0,0 whenever I move to fly?

I recreated my problem with third person template, why does he turn back to 0,0,0 whenever I move to fly? (See the video)
its hard to see whats going on in the video since you cant see my button presses, but whenever I ‘MoveUp’ he turns back to 0,0,0 as you can see in the print statement.

Something is wrong in this part of the blueprint, but I cant figure out what.

sorry, its much bigger now.

I think you have Q or Z bound to other actions related to turning the character. I get just what you have when I use down arrow for down, because that’s already bound to ‘about face’.

Yes, no problem.

303315-ezgifcom-optimize.gif

I’d recommend trying it with different inputs.

If you hold S and Q I would expect you to travel up and backwards, and when you release S but continue holding Q stay facing backwards and travelling up. But instead he faces forwards, if that makes sense?

Can you make the pictures bigger? They’re unreadable…

Here is the entire blueprint.

I have no idea, I’ve got the save graph as you and it works fine.

What are you using as MoveUp?

Just q and z for 1 and -1

Maybe its something to do with orient rotation to movement? You sure your graph is the same?

This is all I have ( apart from the same stuff ):

MoveUp = O.

Orientation to movement makes no difference…

Ah! - I have it, hold on…

I set up a new project to demonstrate, they are not bound to anything else, can you move up and down without turning?

Do you mean you were able to reproduce?

This looks identical

Holding more than one key at a time is going to give you problems unless you code for it specifically I think. Not sure.

Ok, now that IS a problem with ‘orientation to movement’… It’s because the guy thinks he’s walking he turns around. You have to be able to make him fly without walking.

Dont face that direction and try just going up and down

See below…

Try this:

Thats the video I copied, you can see in the comments people have this same issue