Trying to remove stuff from the vault

Argh, 4 years old topic, and not improved at all.
We need folders or tags for that marketplace stuff.

PS. does Fortnite have global text chat now, i stopped playing it, without communication it is pointless. And no i do not like sugar high kids screaming at me, so no voice chat.

1 Like

Hey folks. Yeah, this doesn’t seem to be very clear. I’ve made a ticket for us to expand our documentation on managing Vault content. Let me know if there are similar things that we can help clear up while we’re updating these docs.

1 Like

Why can’t we delete things stored in our vault, this is crazy, that 1000 item limit just cost me 500.00! I can’t even access all the stuff I just bought!

3 Likes

I need help i started to install an asset to my game but i chose to delete the game and now the asset says Adding to project but theres no project to be added to so its always saying Adding to project so that means i cant add anything until its done but that would never happen

1 Like

Maybe they could do it using blueprint :stuck_out_tongue:
Hide paid content, remove free content! Do it, do it now!

1 Like

Wow that’s so f’d up. Won’t be buying anymore while this limit is in place.

We need:
1: Ludicrous asset limit (10-50k if any).
2: Ability to categorize assets and choose category to show (Main, Unit 1-9, All; allow user naming of “Unit X” categories).

Point 2 accommodates the request of this thread. It’s really problematic that we can’t hide stuff away in some category.

We all know how easy this is to implement, and how simple it would be database-wise etc. There’s no excuse for such lack of basic functionality, especially not when purchase related.

Epic, please fix.

3 Likes

You have to get a second account and talk to Epic Support. I felt the same way until I worked it out. I’m about to move to my third account soon. As my second has hit it’s limit.

1 Like

Ok, so its 2022 now, can someone at EPIC PLEASE explain why they can’t develop something as simple as the ability to organize by category and HIDE items not used.

The maximum limit on assets is also ridiculous, what happens if someone is a Game Dev and over the years collects more than 1K assets? Do they lose them? How is this legal?

Another thing, the 50 Items per Wishlist is absurd. I’m currently writing down my Wishlist on a Word document because of this! They do this for their greedy Metrics because apparently, Devs need to know if you have their things in your Wishlist and plan to buy them but the only thing this does is PREVENT you from buying from multiple Devs.

For example, I add everything I like to my Wishlist and only buy items on sale. I won’t buy more because of this ridiculous 50 item Limitation. Sorry Epic but I’m not your Marketing Lab Rat, I’m your customer.

Maybe they don’t plan to do anything about this but let’s keep bumping this thread, If they cared 1 ounce about their customers and less about their marketing metrics they would fix this.

6 Likes

EPIC GAMES PLEASE ADD A DELETE BUTTON FUNCTION TO THE CAULT ITEMS THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO GET RID OF!!!

…I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

SEEMS FROM WHAT I HAVE READ SO FAR, THAT THE ONLY OPTION IS TO EXPORT OUR PROJECTS TO AN EXTERNAL BACKUP DRIVE, DELETE ALL THINGS “UNREAL” FROM OUR COMPUTERS AND THEN OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT AND INSTALL UNREAL 4 YET AGAIN AND REIMPORT SAID SAVED PROJECTS AND START AGAIN!

OR

USE A DIFFERENT ENGINE SUCH AS UNITY (PERSONALLY I DONT WANNA USE THIS!!!)

EPIC GAMES DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOOSE MASSES OF DEDICATED USERS JUST BECAUSE OF THIS ONE SMALL PROBLEM!!!

WE HAVE BEEN REQUESTING THIS FOR ALONG TIME!
TIME TO PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!

16d

Ok, so its 2022 now, can someone at EPIC PLEASE explain why they can’t develop something as simple as the ability to organize by category and HIDE items not used.

The maximum limit on assets is also ridiculous, what happens if someone is a Game Dev and over the years collects more than 1K assets? Do they lose them? How is this legal?

Another thing, the 50 Items per Wishlist is absurd. I’m currently writing down my Wishlist on a Word document because of this! They do this for their greedy Metrics because apparently, Devs need to know if you have their things in your Wishlist and plan to buy them but the only thing this does is PREVENT you from buying from multiple Devs.

For example, I add everything I like to my Wishlist and only buy items on sale. I won’t buy more because of this ridiculous 50 item Limitation. Sorry Epic but I’m not your Marketing Lab Rat, I’m your customer.

Maybe they don’t plan to do anything about this but let’s keep bumping this thread, If they cared 1 ounce about their customers and less about their marketing metrics they would fix this.

6 Likes

EPIC, any news?

3 Likes

It is still requested and important af.

3 Likes

Vault Cache is found on C:/ drive in programdata under the Epic folder, click that you will then open the Epicgameslancher folder Vault Cache is located there, in that folder holds all copies of anything installed from the marketplace, you can delete all folders here to clear all files or select the files you don’t need to save on space.

The problem with Unreal engine is that it’s caches one version of each file to C: drive even if you have installed everything to another drive like D: so it will also cache many versions of Unreal editor and take up around 43 gb thats if you don’t have everything installed for all OS, since i’m not developing on a few formats i don’t install them so it caches less on c drive because i don’t want to develop for IOS or Linux, they all add to the size of the base editor that eats up cache space on C drive so if you’re looking to save space remember that.
You can’t clear the editor stuff but you can clear what’s in you’re Vaultcache it will still stay on you’re Epic vault page in the Epic client when looking at you’re library of contents it just won’t be installed too C drive ready to be installed into a project.

If you’re looking to save space on C drive and can’t remove programs one thing you might consider is turning off Windows Hibernation File, this will save you considerable memory as windows 10 likes to chew up space on c drive for sleeping, if you don’t require hibernation i suggest turning it off, for that you’ll need to gain control of you’re PC as Admin in CMD as the admin you have is kinda fake and won’t turn the settings off in windows alone, even if you’re using an admin account you’ll need to gain full admin rights under command line before using H off…
You can look up youtubes on how to turn off Windows Hibernation File to save space.

1 Like

Apart from all that, just not having all that junk cluttering up the Vault on the Epic Launcher is what we are looking for-

3 Likes

Ok i just tested a theory, after you install items from the vault into you’re project you can then remove local content under the vault page in your Epic library if they are not needed be installed in other projects.
This way you can save drive space on C where Vaultcache is located and can’t be moved.
You just install into whatever project the files will stay in that project on whatever drive you have it installed to while you can then free up space again deleting all those files just by hitting the remove from local content tab in the Epic Library where all you’re vault content is stored.
I just found this out and it’s now saved me massive amounts of space on my main system drive.

I am also still waiting after 4+ years to be able to just HIDE unused content in the vault. I didn’t know about the item limit in the vault. “Make a new account” is a kludge fix. Being told to make a new account is easier than fixing the issue, and it inflates the “User base” to make it look like there are more people using Unreal than there really are. If someone wanted to invest in unreal and wanted to know the user base, Make a new account simply makes us the users the bad guy in how many of us really use Unreal.

2 Likes

I can’t believe how Epic is still ignoring the issue.
Developing rocket-science level engine but can’t add fckn delete button to the library…

2 Likes

Did you know that you can only have 1000 items in your vault before you have to get another account to add more than that? I currently have 3 accounts, just so I can keep buying stuff off the Market Place, you would think that would be a bigger deal since it affects their sales. But they have known about this issue for 5 years that I know of, and refuse to fix it so you can just have one account.

2023 soon and this Vault is not yet fixed… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’m looking at so many fancy developments every version except this little tiny thing that gets completely ignored.

I don’t understand whats the big deal with it.

2 Likes

UE 5.1 (mind blown!)

I don’t have a space issue. I need a way to organize my vault.

Why after all these years has Epic ignored this? If there is a reason why the vault can’t be “fixed” with one or more of these issues, please Epic. Just tell us. Don’t ignore us. We spend our money here, we support the company. Why are you ignoring us the people that love Unreal?

5 Likes

For real, I’ve got so many abandoned and 4.x assets I’d like to not see anymore. Get a couple engineers on it. Should only take a couple weeks.

5 Likes