I’m new to Unreal Engine and am trying to get a simple collision to work in the third-person template. At this point I just want to display the text ‘ouch’ when the third person character bumps into something. I can’t get anything to happen
The steps that I followed so far:
- Created a new project using the third-person template
- Created an ‘Actor’ blueprint
- Added the ‘statue’ static blueprint from the starter content
- Added a collision sphere
- In Blueprints added a SphereTracebyChannel to the ‘onTick’ event
- In Blueprints attempted to print “Ouch” when the Out Hit Actor is the Player Character
Unfortunately, nothing happens. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you for your time and assistance!
I created a new project using the third-person template,