(trueSKY) Using Plugin Classes in C++ Results in Unresolved Externals

I’m using trueSKY version 4.2 in my project and I cannot find any way to get it to compile. I have the plugin properly installed in both the Engine’s and Project’s Plugin directories, and I have added the TrueSkyPlugin module to my .Build.cs file. I’ve also tried adding it as a module in the project file to no avail.

It worked originally, and I don’t think I have made any changes to invoke this problem. I tried reinstalling the plugin in the Project/Plugins folder (using the copy I have in Engine/Plugins), but it didn’t work.

This is the build error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __cdecl ATrueSkySequenceActor::SetTime(float)" (__imp_?SetTime@ATrueSkySequenceActor@@QEAAXM@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl AConditionsController::ApplyTimeOfDay(void)" (?ApplyTimeOfDay@AConditionsController@@QEAAXXZ)

It seems that trueSKY’s DLLs aren’t being read/written properly. Compiling through the editor results in new DLLs being written by the editor in Plugins/TrueSkyPlugin/Binaries/Win64 (UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin-001.dll, -002.dll, …).

Really not sure where to go from here, as there is very little info on this subject from what I can tell. Any help would be much appreciated. If you need any more information or context I’m willing to provide it.

I got it to work by removing an include to a TrueSkyPlugin header in one of my game module’s headers and instead used forward declaration and put the include in the respective source file.

Sample header file:

#include "CoreMinimal.h"
#include "GameFramework/Actor.h"
#include "SampleHeader.generated.h"

class  ATrueSkySequenceActor;

Sample source file:

#include "SampleHeader.h"
#include "TrueSkySequenceActor.h"