Trouble creating C++ project in UE5 EA

I can’t create a new UE5 project using C++ I get the following error

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0EA/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.exe Development Win64 -Project=“C:/Users/Jack Karlsson/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject2/MyProject2.uproject” -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Win64 using Manual SDK 10.0.19041.0
Creating makefile for MyProject2Editor (no existing makefile)
ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named ‘RD’ in UE5Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the ‘ModuleRules’ type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

I can also not upgrade any UE4 project or create a C++ project after starting with a blueprint project

Most problems seems to be with Microsoft.Win32.Registry in C# files. It seems like it can’t be found when looking what doesn’t compile. For example in Runtime/Core/Core.Build.cs

I have updated my IDE Rider For Unreal and I’ve also tried VS 2019 with the latest update
I also downloaded the latest .Net versions

There’s been absolutely no problems with UE4 for me

2 Likes

Whats the project type that you are trying to ? Are u using any template?

It happens for all types of game templates

1 Like

I have this same problem on a Mac

1 Like

I have the same problem.
Win10, updated VS 2019 / Rider

I had the same error as you but i managed to fix it. Your error is coming from module rules named ‘RD’ which stands for Rider. You are getting that error because you chose to install RiderLink plugin in Engine instead of Game.

Your second problem should also be fixed because you won’t be getting any errors. I have managed to upgrade blueprint only UE4 project to UE5 and then add C++ classes with no issue. The only issue that persists is that there are some false positive errors in Rider so i have to compile my code through UE instead of Rider.

As stated in this blog about Rider for UE5:

There are still a few known issues with Unreal Engine 5:

• Unreal Engine 5 bundles an old version of the RiderSourceCodeAccess plugin that doesn’t have support for macOS. In order to be able to select Rider for Unreal Engine as your IDE of choice on that platform, you’ll need to download the latest version from the trunk here and place it in {GameFolder}/Plugins/Developer/RiderSourceCodeAccess.
  • The RiderLink plugin doesn’t work if placed into the Engine. It should be placed into the Game only. Learn more about this plugin in our web help.
  • There are some false positive errors in .build.cs files when opening .uproject on macOS, which we plan to address later.

I hope this helps you!

26 Likes

Thank you

It seems to have been the rider plugin as you said

2 Likes

To prevent this, please, delete the RiderLink folder from $ENGINE$/Plugins/Developer, then regenerate project files from Unreal Editor by clicking on Tools->Refresh Rider Project (you can’t do this via right-clicking on the .uproject file, since UE5 project files generator is broken due to changes in UBT folder structure), then the open solution in Rider and install RiderLink in Game. This should fix the problem.

Check the below link

Check the comment posted by ****.

45 Likes

Bravo!

Easiest fix for this go to Edit ->Plugins Search for rider link Plugin and disable it then refresh your rider from the tools tab
that’s all

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed reply, this helped me fix my problem!

1 Like

just confirming that this solution fixed the problem. thank you

Has the issue with the RiderLink plugin not working when installed in the Engine been fixed with the latest version?

So I installed that plugin and now it says I need to regenerate from source and if I do that I get the missing RD thing. I cant get in to disable the plugin and dont know how to do it through the IDE or cant find it under pluguns… 5.0.1

You are my life saver! Thanks a lot :blush:

Had this same issue. I was able to workaround it by removing Rider from /Plugins/Developer/ in the engine and installing it to the game only.

This worked for me. Using UE 5.0.2. Thank you!

Still hasn’t worked for me.
It still fixed for you?

Rider’s officials/devs currently aware of this topic. But “Third party plugins must be put under marketplace in order to work with the engine”. Rider plugin is not marketplace plugin. Thus until Epic games lets 3rd party plugins can able to work whereever its installed, install riderlink plugin to the Game not the engine.

Reference link

Also, it is worth pointing out, that it may help to delete the Intermediate and Binaries Folders, before Refreshing Rider Uproject Project.