Trimming down content folder for build

Hello,

i’m trying to get the size of my game build way down so I’m going through the starter content I’d included in the project a long time ago and deleting what I don’t think I need any more. This seems like the wrong way to go about this as everything seems linked to something else.

Is there a sort of “best practice” in doing this? I ended up using a few particle simulations from the starter content and like one texture…there is so much other stuff and sometimes when I delete it I start getting errors on startup. It’s hard for me to tell what I need and what I don’t. I know I should have copied the stuff I wanted, been more organized…but this project is a learning one.

Or does the stuff you’re not using even get included in the build?

Thanks for any pointers!

When you just use some few assets from the starter content -> just move those single assets into your own folder and then delete the entire starter content pack or just recreate everything after you have deleted the folder.

Beside that I think there is no other good way to do it :frowning:

cool thanks for the help! i’ve done that now. how do i get the starter content folders to stop regenerating every time I start up? i changed bAddPacks=False in defaultGame.ini…but it’s still popping up. also - do those tutorials get included in the build? should one delete them all before building?